24 weeks 5 days abscessed tooth

angelgirl2015

Reaction score
I have a question for previous moms or anyone with experience with tooth problems. how to get rid of the infection in it and how long do I wait before I go get seen in er if it persists I rinse with diluted peroxide and warm saltwater after I eat. so my question is when will the infection go away and the pain and my second question is how long shall I wait before I go in?

I would go to the dentist ASAP and see if they can help relieve the pain. You don't want to go through the whole rest of the pregnancy like this. If the infection moves to the bloodstream that would be awful for the baby, not to mention you.

Go right away. You need antibiotics. And if you don't get them the pain will get worse. I had abscess tooth in first trimester last pregnancy and had to do antibiotics to eliminate infection and have oral surgery to correct underlying problem. I was concerned because it was first tri but doc said it was worse to have the infection than to get it fixed. Not fun, but a lot better after fixed. Make sure they know you are pregnant and they will take extra precaution. I also double checked that every med or procedure was necessary and baby safe. Also, as pp said, infections left untreated can spread.

Hi I had an abscess last week. So the dentist said I will need a root canal but she can't diagnose the exact area of the problem without an x-Ray & she can't do an x-Ray until after baby is born. She said my options were to drain the tooth or pull it. I opted to drain it. She wouldn't give me any antibiotics. So that was Thursday & I've been using warm salt water a few times a day. The swelling into gum
Has gone down a good bit & the tooth isn't as sensitive anymore. The dentist couldn't confirm whether or not draining the abscess will work in the long term, but if it getse through the next few months I'll be happy. I had an injection for the drainage but it wasn't as strong as the normal one. Plus she had to fill the hole in the tooth that she made with a white temporary filling.

Good luck & I hope you get sorted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"