24hr blood pressure monitoring?

pink23

mummy to 2 x
Reaction score
Hi all.
Just wondered if any one had had the 24hr bp monitor. I went to docs today and was told my bp was high. i had orignally come off my tablets as advised by doctor but it has now shot back up. Nurse has said if it is still high in 2 weeks i will have to have the 24hr monitor.
How did you find it and did it turn out you had high bp.
Nurse reckons i get worked up reason why its still high ?:wacko:

Ive never had one hun, but I'm still on meds for high blood pressure.

I imagine its just to make sure whether or nots its high all the time or just when you're stressed?

I guess if its high all the time they'll put you back on tablets x

I've had the 24 hour blood pressure monitor, I had high blood pressure from about 10 weeks pregnant and then devolped pre eclampsia and then eclampsia. The monitor was horrid lol, kept me awake all night, it hurt ( because it was fitted badly) and I ended up taking it off at 5am. It works well for people who get high blood pressure results when they go to the doctor because they get worked up and dont nessicarlily(sp) have high blood pressure xxx

Blood pressure can go up and down everyday in the day and the night so it is very important to monitor the blood pressure 24 hours for the person who has a lot of blood pressure. I understand it does the monitoring every 15 minutes all day.

I had the 24hr monitor a couple of yrs ago. I had pre eclampsia when i was pregnant with my first child and had to stay in hospital. Whenever i have my BP taken now it is always really high, i can feel myself panicing cos i asociate (sp) it with doctors and hospitals etc. The monitor proved i dont have high BP xx

that was good then. i will find out monday fx'd x

Ive had 1 when i was young, but i remember it well. Mine was because thought i had something wrong with my kidney

At first it wasnt bad, but it made some noise every time it blew up about every 30mins or once an hour. After 12hrs in, arm did start to get very sore i swear it got tighter & tighter lol. I did find it hard to get to sleep but once i was asleep i was gone.

I had it on this monday to tuesday.
Leanne it got so annoying i wanted to rip of the cuff. my arm is still marked.
I will find out on july 2nd how my bp was x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->