24years old TTC, band new & looking for Buddy

Bumblebee24

Mummy July 2014 Rainbow
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

:blush: well where do i start, 24 years old was have been on the depo injection for 6+ years, then changed to cerazette (mini pill) in october 2011 after myself and my partner decided we would TTC summer 2012. I had heard many a horror story of ppl stoppin the depo & waiting years hence my posstive thoughts in changing. Turns out i still havent had a period throughout the time on Cerazette, anyway thats behind me now i cant change that but here we are now, on the 15th June i took my last pill & now super ready & excited about TTC.

I know its going to be full of ups and down, as getting pregnant isnt as easy as most make out, so thought it would be a great idea to try get a buddy or 2 whos full of info and ready and excited to ride the waves of TTC

So here goes :hi:

Hi Bumblebee!
I saw that your post and a post I put were the only ones without replies, so I thought I'd drop a quick note to wish you luck! I just started to try and conceive with a donor this month and i'm currently waiting to see if i'm preggers :) Undoubtedly this will be the longest few weeks of my life! Have you begun to TTC yet?

Wishing you lots of luck and baby dust! Same age as you and TTC as well! AF is due anytime, hoping she doesn't show!

Hi Shannon,
Kinda started TTC down to the fact I stopped taking the pill. Not really to intouch with af, as the minipil I was on stopped them. So its a double waiting game in away, don't really no my most productive days until she returns. Keeping everything crossed for u

Hi Girls!!

I am almost 25, have a 13 month old daughter and currently ttc #2. I am on my third cycle and finding it difficult this time round. My daughter was a miracle and only took one time! Finding it very frustrating and full of ups and downs. Be nice to all be in this together!

Hey K9010, wud be great for u to join in. :0)
Are u regular with ur cycles. Am startin to get really miffed that i havent even had my first period yet from coming of the pill, so in a way cant even begin to try arhh. I always thought i wud be quite easy going about ttc. How different its turned out lol. x

OMG K9010, just noticed ur from Manchester UK. me to ha ha ha

Oooh really! Small world haha. Whereabouts?
I'm Kate btw so you don't have to keep saying my username.
My cycles are usually around 32 days but i'm right back at the beginning now.
Hate the waiting! Could the dr give you anything to bring on your period?
It is scary how difficult it actually can be! x

Hey Kate
Am Gina from Altrincham wat about u. I haven't had a real period for the whole time I was on the pill thought it was bril at the time, not now lol. Think I was normally a 28-29 day.
Don't think the doc will help until 3-6months of no af, so not at the mo.
I have read agnus cactus helps the return of af but really don't wanna put anything else into my body. Just wanna get bk straight.
Are u using ovulation kits or goin with the flow :)

Hi Gina! I'm Worsley way, near trafford. Not far really!
Awh, I bet the wait is awful for you. My friend came off the pill, had her break and then found out she had conceived just before her period/break. So you could still be ovulating and then fall pregnant first time. I used OPKs last month without any luck really. I had one positive day but that obviously didn't help me. I even thought I had two positive tests just before my period but I took them out of the plastic so I have since read can cause a false positive. Are you using ovulation tests? I only used cheap ones from amazon.x

I mean two positive pregnancy tests, not ovulation tests! Confusing!! X

I know where worsley worked just of the east lans few years back, wat a small world.

:thumbup: knew wat u ment. bet ur heart skipped a beat when u saw the positive reading. Fingers crossed we will both get them soon anyways.:happydance:

I am not using ovulation sticks but really wanted to LOL, my fella has a more laid back thought to it all. it will happen when it happens blar blar and doesnt want me to use them.

I bought 3 preg test of ebay last night, though if i havent come on by 15th i will give one a go. as that will be 28 days after stopping the pill.

Sorry Kate if u have already said this but was u on cerazette, if so did u have periods. If you didnt have them when did they return. x

Ahhh that's crazy really, seen as this site attracts people from all over the world!
Yeah, my partners the same but he's is going through the emotional trama!! Haha.
I was sure I was so was upset when my period arrived. Aargh!
I hear of people easily conceiving their first and it taking forever with the second.
This will be your first right?
I was on yasmin pill before coming off it due to headaches, the dr said the only option for me is the coil which stays in for 5 years so don't want to have that until our family is complete.
If I remember I had my period a few days after I finished but they have been irregular since. Kind of just getting back to normal now.
I guess my situation is different thought as I have been off the pill for about 3 years and had a baby since!
Amazon are good for pregnancy tests, you can get 15 for a few pound. I spent a fortune on clearblue digis and frers last month so I can't do that again until I think I could be.
Hope things get sorted for you soon. I guess we are both at the beginning! X

Its bloody crazy isnt it, pluss its an American site...

i think my fella will soon change his tune after a month or so of trying i think he thinks it will just happen over night after my first AF arrives.

Yeh its my first. All i can go off is family and friends with regards to the 2nd baby but my mum fell preg 2nd cycle, 2 of my friends they wernt really trying one fell peg 3th cycle and the other 4th. so i think it all depends on the person, age and health really. U & I we are still only younge in the eyes of fertility.

Ill give amazon a look later, might get myself some ovulation test he he he, plus once i get my first AF am going to give the phone apps a try.
xx

It is!! Worsley is quite small so usually people never know where it is!
Yeah, mine is the same. Because it happened so quickly with our Daughter I guess we just took it for granted that it will happen quickly again.. and I know third cycle would still be fairly quick to fall pregnant but it seems like we have been trying forever.
That's promising with regards to your mum and friends. I keep thinking it will happen when it is supposed to happen!
I know what you mean about age, health etc but that is what also worries me as I am young, fit, healthy etc - you kinda of expect everything to be fine and sail through this kind of things without trouble.

When we decided to try for another we discussed it takes on average 6 months so I should really try not to worry until after that.

I have had to tell a few friends we are trying because they have weddings coming up next year which I am bridesmaid for so wanted them to know it could be a possibility.. but know I feel pressure and a bit embarrassed when they ask if i'm pregnant yet.

I have hope that it will happen quite quickly for you.. i hear all the time about people having problems coming off the pill but they fall quite quickly. It will be the best thing you ever do. Our daughter wasn't planned but i look back and think what did i ever do without her!!

Oooh yes.. have a look on Amazon! They have Clear Blue tests cheaper on there too.

Sorry about my MASSIVE essay there!!! hahaha. x

HA HA no probs i like avin a good read anyway so its fine lol...

Like u say 3rd cycle is still early in most ppls eyes but am like u abit imapstion. where abouts are u in ur cycle, do u think u are near or past ur most fertile stage.

With u first one where u activity trying, my fella has decided he wants us to carry on with how we are doing things now. Do it when we feel like it and babies happen when they happen :nope:

Not really how i had planned it but ohh well wat will be will be. I so want/wanted to get pregnant asap but i cant push it on him it wouldnt be fair.

I think he will be abit like ur fella & realize if it hasnt happend in 4-5 month time he start to panic a little.

I think men have a slightly different view than women about these things. Dont no if i have mentioned this but i am abit of a planner, i no babies etc cant really be planned but we have our wedding planned for 2015. I ideally wanted baby to be 18month -2 year by then.

Opps my turn now, arhh well keeps the conv going i supose :laugh2:

Hey! Sorry, been a busy weekend!
I am still pretty early in my cycle, CD8 which sucks! I hate waiting!
So i should ovulate in the next week or so.. last month I ovulated quite late though, cd18.
I was thinking I would just go with the flow this month, but I find myself wanting to get some Ovulation sticks! I just don't want the disappointed again I guess.
Our Daughter wasn't really planned, we did want children but didn't discuss when. We were actually traveling in Australia when I fell pregnant - It took one time!

So now I find it weird that it isn't as easy as the first time!

You could always get some Ovulation sticks in and just use them around when you think you might ovulate. That way you aren't overly obsessing about it so your partner won't get stressed out with it as well.

We are finding it emotionally draining at times, usually just around the time when my period is due as it's like am i?! We are relaxing abit more with the process now though.

We were the same as you, wanting to plan when the baby would come as when it suits etc but we have realised it can't work out that way, for us anyway.
I am sure you will have a beautiful baba ready for your wedding.

I guess with you not knowing your cycles yet, OPKs might really help you. Maybe research into whether other women have been through the same thing.

Did you have periods when you were on the injection? x

Hey there, Im new to this site and ttc. Im 28 and trying for the first time. And no its not as easy as it seems. I would love to have a ttc buddy as well.

this is the third month only that we are ttc but ive been frustrated with opk's etc. Would be nice to support each other etc

Chivon

Hi Chivon!

I am on the third month of ttc my second. It's frustrating.

Are you using Ovulation sticks? I don't know whether to try them again this month. It's expensive business!! ha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->