25 degrees in room - what to dress baby in?

B

Babyoh

Sorry - I know this has been asked many times...I saw a while back that someone posted a chart that showed what babies should be dressed in, in what temperature...it's currently 25 degrees in my LO's room...any advice on what to dress her in?

Well at night i put just a vest on LO incase it gets cool (Often we have the windows open). In the day time he sits about in just a nappy, and often with his nappy off. The longest he has sat in ages quietly was today with his nappy off. I think the heat is part of the reason he is so miserable at the minute.

Thanks...yeah, it's mainly nights I'm worried about as she's in a different room to us...during the day at least I'm with her all the time to monitor her...obviously I'm checking her regularly through the night but just wanted to know what would be best to dress her in...

https://www.gro.co.uk/images/BH_FB_What-to-wear-chart.png

taken from https://www.gro.co.uk/vmchk/Grobag-baby-sleep-bags/View-all-products.html

I use this as a guide

Our LO's room is 24-25 degrees at night and we dress him in a onesie (vest??) and a bamboo sleep sack. This works for him!
Most guidelines are good as a general guide - but some babies sleep "warmer" than others... my friends baby sleeps in only a nappy in 24-25 degree heat and even then he is sweaty. He is like a mini-furnace! So I would go with the guide then modify it if your LO needs a bit more layering or a bit less.
xx

i would have a sheet next to baby as can get a bit nippy at night when they wake

You could always just experiment starting off with very little and work up. You hear about links between overheating and SIDS (Not trying to scare) So perhaps start off with little clothing and if they dont seem to settle you kinow they need a little something more. I only mentioned the over heating as a baby will wake if they are too cold and thats about the worst that will happen, where as starting experimenting by over dressing them is really not a good idea.

We are putting Samuel in a vest and then will see how cool it is when we go to bed but I can imagine we will not put anything else on him. He does like to be cool though (January baby :))

Thanks everyone - we've just got her in a nappy at the moment as she still feels quite warm. Also doesn't seem as interested in food - but other than that , still content...is this normal? Don't get me wrong, she's feeding but not as much as normal....

Thanks everyone - we've just got her in a nappy at the moment as she still feels quite warm. Also doesn't seem as interested in food - but other than that , still content...is this normal? Don't get me wrong, she's feeding but not as much as normal....

Yeah that's normal. Ellie had a slow weight gain whilst it was very warm the last few weeks and the HV just said it was down to the weather so she's a bit off her food.

Thanks mrsraggle - put my mind at ease!! Don't think my little girl likes the heat - keeps going blotchy and, although she's always been pretty hard to settle, doesn't seem as keen on her food. Bless!!

Maddie is not a happy girl in the heat :nope: and is a very hot baby, she is going to bed in just her nappy, Evie is going to bed in a vest (shes not as 'well covered' as Maddie, she is a little skinny bean and Maddie is a chunky monkey :blush:). xx

Hi All,

We're the same. GroEgg is currently saying 27.6 degrees... :wacko:
We've put April down in a short sleeved vest tonight with a fan on in her room. Over the last few nights we've just popped a cellular blanket over her legs when we've gone up to bed at 10/11ish and she's slept through.
Lets hope the same continues tonight...!

Hehehe - I think 25 degrees is rather cool. It was 36 degrees for us yesterday. That's when we stay in:
https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4120/4776800459_a21ff93894_m.jpg

My lo has been really aggitated all day and the room temp is 24 degrees so at the moment she's asleep in a vest, if it's cool when I go to bed I might pop a thin blanket over her or pop her in a sleeping bag when she wakes for a feed. Although the recommendation is a 1 tog sleeping bag would be ok, I took her out of it earlier as she was so hot (checked the advised tummy and back of neck).
x

Hehehe - I think 25 degrees is rather cool. It was 36 degrees for us yesterday. That's when we stay in:
https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4120/4776800459_a21ff93894_m.jpg

Haha - same here! It's been in the low 40s all week with the humidity!!! OMG so hot! (but secretly I love the heat - hee hee)

Edit: I see you are in NY - so you must have had that heat all week too!

Haha - same here! It's been in the low 40s all week with the humidity!!! OMG so hot! (but secretly I love the heat - hee hee)

Edit: I see you are in NY - so you must have had that heat all week too!

Yep, hot and humid all week. No AC either, so it gets pretty sticky. I love the heat, just not with all the humidity.

I'm struggling with this too, during the day it's now around 38 degs, so living indoors mostly with fans!! At night it's anywhere between 25 & 27 degs, so Oliver's either in a sleeveless vest or just a nappy as he gets quite sweaty. Also have a fan on near him. It really worries me how hot it is for him, (I'm a bit of a worrier)!!

Jayne

My Lo's been sleeping either in just a vest and nappy or just her nappy, as it's so hot xx

i have been dressing lo in vest n using a muslin to cover her she likes to have something to hold n usually ends up half on i found she was unsettled without anything covering her

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->