25 degrees in room - what to dress baby in?

I've got H in a 0.5 tog grobag and her nappy - have done so for the past few hot nights and that seems to work.

It's 29 degrees in the nursery right now! And the temp in there never drops in the night, in fact I'd be surprised if it doesn't hit 30 at some point.
Don't have a 0.5 tog so she's in a nappy and a 1.5 tog and I'm feeling stressed about it! But she won't sleep without something on her, she's a bit like me in that respect... so I can't strip her any further.

Lottie-may is in a nappy n short sleeved vest its 29 in hear aswell ive got the fan on a cooler thing and the balcony doors wide open this is where we have been sleeping since the hot weather started her in her moses basket n me on sofa she wont keep any sort of blanket on her moans n kicks til its off her its better for our LOS to be slightly cooler then too hot.x

It's 25 degrees in Dylan's room, and he's gone to bed in a vest and 1 tog sleeping bag.

It will get cooler here later in the night though. If his room was any hotter he'd just be in the sleeping bag - if he isn't in this he tends to have a bad night.

My LO likes to be warm to sleep, we were putting her in just a vest and a blanket but she didn't sleep well so we now put a baby grow on her too.....is this too much?? She doesn't seem bothered by it?!

My LO likes to be warm to sleep, we were putting her in just a vest and a blanket but she didn't sleep well so we now put a baby grow on her too.....is this too much?? She doesn't seem bothered by it?!

just keep an eye on her hun make sur shes not sweating depends how hot the room is aswell check the graph that someone posted at the begining of the thread this should help you hope this helps.xx

She always has a sewaty head but when I feel her chest/tummy it doesn't feel too hot.

Just rechecked temp in our room and its 25 also so I've just gone and unrapped her from the blanket just incase, she felt okay though.

Ruby's room is 27 degrees, she's wearing a nappy and an 0.5 tog sleeping bag, and the window in open.

It was 28 in our room last night with a fan blowing (not towards baby tho) and we can't have windows open as we are ground floor. My LO wont sleep in just a nappy so he wears a very, very thin t-shirt and his nappy if it is 24+, if it's 22-24 he wears the same but with a flat sheet (he nearly always kicks this off, no matter how tightly it is tucked in at the sides, then sleeps happily once he has pushed it to the bottom of his moses basket) and if it is less than 22 then he will have a babygrow plus a flat sheet and if it's really cool then a blanket on top of that.

lo wears just a sleepsuit and nappy with a sheet over her :) the room is about 24-25 of a night

It's 23 - 24C in the nursery overnight. H sleeps in just a nappy and short-sleeved vest. She is cool, not cold to the touch but doesn't wake. I prefer to keep them a bit cool, rather than too hot. She would wake if its not warm enough
Rx

i have little one in a grobag sleeping bag and nappy at mo its 0.5tog i got off ebay i put it up according to the weather.

I checked this with my HV the other day. It depends on the age of the baby I think, but she advised me to stick with a vest and sleepsuit and a light blanket. She said that while we may feel hot, newborns don't have enough fat on them to keep them warm, and they don't generate any heat during the night as they don't move around in their sleep. They also lose heat quickly.

I've kept Madeline in a vest and sleepsuit, and had one layer of a celular blanket on her. She seems fine in this but I do check during the night to make sure she is not too hot. She usually kicks about if she is too hot, and then I remove the blanket.

Joe is just wearing a vest and got a blanket on him (if he didn't wiggle it off yet) lol

I have Abbey in a sleepsuit and nappy. Her room is 25C x

Thanks everyone - lots of great advice!! Have now invested in a 0.5 tog - sure it'll be a lifesaver as when I do put a think blanket on my little girl she inevitably kicks it off and then I spend the whole night checking to make sure she hasn't pulled it over her head....

its 31/32 degrees in my LOs room most nights sleeping bbags are a god send cos they dont need a blanket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->