25 weekers!! Should I have been entitled to Health in Pregnancy Grant??

divadexie

Reaction score
I was just thinking back over the ridiculous amounts of money we spent etc.

Anyway, I was told by my MW at 25 weeks it was too early to send off the HiP grant form because they were getting alot of them returned for being too early.
Of course the next day I was in hospital and then LO was born!

Soo when I phoned up to see ig I could still get it, I was told you can only apply for it if you are pregnant and it needs to be after 25 weeks! Ok... so feeling a bit cheated because I never got to after 25 weeks!

I'm going down the CaB to sort out some other stuff but think I might ask about this too...

But any other preemie mums who had there LO at 25 weeks were you told the same or did you get yours?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...-benefit-woman-premature-baby-born-early.html

Heres that thing i read lol

On the Bliss forums you will find many mums did not get the grant. You might have been able to blag it if you applied right after Anna was born, but no way you will get it now hun.

I managed to get it because the mw signed it asap for me and we sent it off before they could match up child benefit payments etc and realise Alex was born

I didn't see my midwife at 25 weeks, and at 26 weeks I was rushed into hospital after my water broke! I had to pester the ward MW's to sign my form.. and in the end my LO arrived before the MW had found her pin number they need to put on the form!
Afterwards I kicked up such a fuss, another MW backdated a new form for me. IMO, no matter what the circumstances if you pass 25 weeks the money should be yours.

I dont even know why its 25 weeks, its cruel, babies can survive 23+ :(

Big article in The Mirror yesterday (Friday 29th) about somebody who had their baby too early to qualify for this.

I reckon the system sucks.

I know, the comments were awful, i commented on the prematurity side but I do see why there was a bit of a stir when apparantly their household income with 4 kids in £800 per month :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->