25 wks 5 days born, grade 3 brain bleed help!!

scaredmomma

Reaction score
i am recovering from an emergency c section that was done 2 days ago, our daughter born at 25 weeks and 5 days, there was no notice, and no reason for early delivery as the doctors say, i just went into labour and she was ready to come she was perfectly healthy at delivery however this morning we got news from the nico unit that she has a grade 3 brain bleed, they told us that all we can do is wait and that in the morning they will redo the ultrasound and hopefully it will decrease we are praying. she is 890grams but a real active little thing. everyone at the nico is in love with her and call her a diva. hoping someone else may have had a similar story that i can share this with.
a very distraught mommy

Hi

Congratulations on your little girl. My surviving daughter had a grade IV ivh. She was scanned every day to first ensure there was no further bleeds, then to check for fluid build ups and to see how it resolved.

We were told we would have to wait and see how she developed. She is nearly 33 months now and so far we have been very lucky. She has no weakness on her right side (bleed was on the left) and she was signed off neonatal at 2 corrected.

Keep us updated on your lo progress

Xx

Anya has a grade 4 brain bleed on the right side when she was 1 day old. She will be 2 years actual next month (born at 23+6). She has mild hemiplegia on her left side (leg is barely noticeable), she is a joy tho. Very clever, and very cheeky. She has physio once a month (everyday with me but appointment once a month).

Let us know how your wee girl is getting on xx

hey, my LO was born at 25 weeks and has suffered grade 4 bleeds on both sides of his brain. he also got sevre hydrocephalus. he is 11 weeks old now and has had 3 operations and will be having another one was the infection he has got from his last shunt has cleared. Its been such a scary ride but he is the most precious and happy baby. We wont know what these bleeds and hydro until he is older and shows signs of any disability. I think the worst thing is not knowing. But either way they will still be precious bundles of joy.
Good luck with it all and hope your little miss makes a full recovery. xxx

Our Alex (27+4) had a grade 4 on the left side and shes now 3 corrected age. We've had a lack of speech so far and some development delay but on the grand scale of things she's done amazingly! <3

Wishing you all the best and congratulations on your new arrival x

ps: You might find this thread helpful https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/premature-nicu-babies/1087691-then-now-our-preemies.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->