Iva had a lil look for you and this is what i can find..... dunno if its any use?

Amniotic sheets or folds do no harm to you or your baby. They are found in about one in 200 pregnancies and are thought to be the result of the membranes folding over and attaching to scar tissue in the uterus (womb). These may form after operations such as a D&C (dilatation and curettage) or a previous infection. Amniotic sheets are seen on a scan as thick walls or pillars in the amniotic fluid. The sheet is separate from your baby and will not affect his development in any way, though, rarely, it may divide up a large area of the uterus, so restricting your baby's movements. This may cause your baby to lie in a breech position or it may lead to early labour.

If there was no evidence of any abnormality, other than the amniotic sheet, at the time of your scan then the finding is almost certainly of no significance. Other reassuring factors are normal fetal movements and the membranes not being attached to your baby. As your baby grows, the sheet is usually compressed against the wall of your uterus, and will no longer be seen.

hope that helps a little?

:hugs:

It says infection can cause it so maybe you had an infection at some point?

But from what i read its nothing to worry about and doesnt effect the LO. Glad to of helped :)

One of my friends had amniotic bands/folds in her first pregnancy and had extra scans so they could check the baby's growth wasn't being restricted. Everything was fine and her little boy is 2 now.
I don't think bands or folds generally cause problems and if they can see all the limbs etc then it all sounds like the baby is growing ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->