27 weeks weight gain SUCKS!!

holdontohope

Reaction score
So technically I will be 27 weeks tomorrow.

I know there are a lot of threads about weight gain... I guess I really just need a rant because I was a bit upset when leaving the Drs office :growlmad:

I am such a healthy eater and I really didn't start gaining weight until middle of 2nd tri... But since then it has really taken off and I don't understand why! I am gaining about 4 lbs every 3 weeks :wacko:

I know it is part of pregnancy.. And obviously I am so thankful for my baby girl, she is my IVF miracle!!

I just can't shake this being upset about my weight at the moment.. Its been a hard month for me and being stuck on bed rest just seems to be making things worse!

AGH! Ok I am done complaining. Sorry ladies :flower:

I am going through the exact same thing!! Health prior to being preggo. And Im gaining about as much weight has you!! As long as baby is healthy Im happy. (Although it was a little depressing wearing a bikini yesterday)

I am going through the exact same thing!! Health prior to being preggo. And Im gaining about as much weight has you!! As long as baby is healthy Im happy. (Although it was a little depressing wearing a bikini yesterday)

I haven't even attempted a bathing suit :blush:

I have always been a smaller person.. I haven't struggled with weight gain since about pre-teen age. Although my stomach and boobs are HUGE... I don't really notice weight gain anywhere else.. I can still put on all my bottoms, just can't button them :haha: I know the scale is just a number, but its a number I haven't seen in a LONG time lol

OMGosh me too!!! Ive noticed its slowly increasing and only since week 22.

I have gained from 22-23 2lbs, 23-24 1.5 lbs, 24-25 2lbs, 25-26 2lbs.

Before that I didnt gain any at all. How weird, maybe its something to do with those weeks and baby growing but I know she isnt 7.5 lbs at 27 weeks. Lol

Me too, im on bed rest and feel like a cow now, I love my baby but still get very down when I get on my scale.

It will get worse unfortunately. Baby starts gaining fat, and you just start gaining weight lol. Also, you will start to retain morw fluid. i didn't gain my most weight until about 34- 35 weeks

I'm already almost up to what I wanted my over all goal weight to be and I still have 11 weeks to go. Last month I gained 7 pounds (which is the most that I've gained in one month so far) Looks like I'll be passing my goal which really, really disappoints me....

I have 12 weeks to go and feel like im getting huge.

Thanks girls for all the support :hugs: Glad to know I am not alone in feeling this way.

I take a bump pic on the first day of each new week.. This morning I literally cried when I looked at the picture :( I absolutely love my bump and am proud to show it off. I just look so big that it is shocking a bit.

Does anyone want to share there starting weight and what they weigh now?? :flower:

I was 127 before and now I am 140.

Dr. told me in the beginning he thought I would only gain 20lbs... So I had my mind set on that. I think that is part of the problem. I am obviously going to gain more then 7lbs in the next 13 weeks!! (if I go full term)

Aww your so tiny girl, im 5.7 and 157 , i hate it.

Aww your so tiny girl, im 5.7 and 157 , i hate it.

Thank you, but I don't feel tiny :wacko: I am 5'6 and baby is head down already. Her feet are in my ribs and I feel out of breath lately. Just uncomfortable and have a long way to go! lol

When did you start gaining weight?

Maybe we both just don't like the "no control" situation! :blush:

Before I had my son I was 130, and got pregnant with this one 10 pounds heavier then baby 1,and I started gaining when I hit 20 weeks.

You were so tiny to begin with that it is normal to put on this amount of weight. It wasn't very fair of the doctor to say how much he thought you would put on considering all pregnancies and women are different.

I am sure you look just beautiful x

I really wouldn't worry, with DD I gained about 46lbs (I started off about 116 and am 5"3) but lost it all after her, this time I haven't gained nearly as fast but that's probably down to chasing a toddler! I've gained about 16lbs so far.

Everyone is different x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->