27weeks bad back ache and braxton hicks

Twinkle 3

Reaction score
Hi everyone im 27 weeks and iv been getting braxton hicks everyday since 16weeks. My consultant isnt concerned and said as long as they arnt painful then dont worry. I have a cervical stitch in place as i have had previous preterm births.

Today i have had the same amount of braxton hicks as i usually have but they have started been painful in my back, my bum and stomach. They only last a few seconds and its not painful enough for me to take any pain killers. In between the braxton hicks i feel fine too.

Does anyone get this too?

yes me, i'm 30 weeks tomorrow and have had Braxton hicks everyday since 17 weeks.
today they have been sending a sharp pain in my back and bottom of my bump.
I was actually going to post to see if anyone else was getting the same as wasn't sure if it was normal.
This is my 3rd and didn't get the sharp pains with them.

I have had them since late 2nd trimester as well. It's normal. As long as there is no blood or fluid pr consistency to them you are fine! This is my 3rd as well and I haven't had pain in my previous pregnancies as I have this time.

I had BHs since 16 weeks ish and hate them already. Plus stress being added to myself doesn't help to make it painful sometimes. :-( nothing we can do about them until the baby is out. Xx

I've had BH on and off since about 19 weeks although a midwife at the hospital told me it was too soon so it wasn't happening.... It was lol this is my 4th baby I never once got them with any of my other pregnancies so it freaked me out a bit, some days when I get them they can be quite uncomfortable! It doesn't seem to concern anyone else so I'm not worried about it myself

I've had BH on and off since about 19 weeks although a midwife at the hospital told me it was too soon so it wasn't happening.... It was lol this is my 4th baby I never once got them with any of my other pregnancies so it freaked me out a bit, some days when I get them they can be quite uncomfortable! It doesn't seem to concern anyone else so I'm not worried about it myself

your midwife is misinformed then as they happen as early as 6 weeks, most don't feel them till the 3rd tri apparently. I've always started feeling mine in the 2nd.
but this early on they don't usually do anything to the cervix.

Hope all is ok. I was in adau last night with painful BH. They tested to see if I was going into preterm labour thankfully not. I'm only 26weeks today tho. But it's definitely worth getting checked out. All the best

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->