29/12/2014 :)

twilightgeek

1 angel
Reaction score
So finally engaged to my handsome fiancé Samuel :) so this is my new journey no idea where to start but starting early :) as you can see by the date any ideas where to start ? probably going to be a relatively small budget considering i'll be finishing uni the same year :) but 2015 seems too far away! haha ideas welcomed :) and i will be starting the hunt for that special dress!

Hi congrats :) you can def start looking at venues, as it's early you will be a lot more likely to get where you want on the date and times you want! You should get pen to paper and start a wedding plan! Start writing down what u see and like, colours, themes ect. I started planning in November and gettin married in 2 weeks, I changed my mind on so many things all the way through but writing it all down helped! Good luck!

lol not tooo far for 2015 lol I've got 2 years 8 months left wooo . we've already booked our venue so I'd definetly suggest looking for a venue also think about colour schemes too and possibly numbers do you can work out a budget :D and oh congrats :D

Congratulations on setting your date!
I'd start by sorting out your budget, looking at the number of guests and then start looking at venues :)

Thanks girls :) just getting my head round stuff atm. idk how to plan stuff with university and everything i have no idea about wedding budget because i work part time and i am at university so idk what to do Gah panicking :/ whats a realistic figure for a budget wedding?

love love love bartle hall https://www.bartlehall.co.uk/wedding-venues-north-west/seasonal-specials/kissmass-wedding-package/ but no idea whether thats reasonable or whatever :/sighh stressing a bit too much about this i think

Wow that does look good! We had a 10 grand budget and weve not spent it all!! We are having 80 guests in the day for £1800 and then 80 more for evening at £560. This is for a 3 course meal and evening buffet in a lovely Inn. We thought this price was good and the food and the place is just what we want. They didnt do packages so drinks will be extra, about £500, cake was £500, photographer is £320. Cars £200, my dress £1500, my shoes, jewlery ect about £100. Mens suits £320. Bridesmaids things £200. Favours £100. Hair on the morning £40 ( a close friend is doing it) Registrar, £350, plus £250 to get married at the inn. Marriage licence cost us £70. £100 for table decs, £500 for flowers.Dj £200. I think thats everything! All comes to about £7000.

Weddings can be expensive but they dont have to be! Someone told me that if your are planning a budget wedding, tell people as they will want to help! Thats an idea of what my wedding cost anyway, hope it helps a bit, im in devon by the way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->