29, LTTTC, and overweight

MumDreamz

Reaction score
Hey, I'm Jackie

We've been trying to conceive since 2009

Could really use a :hugs: since I have no one else to speak with.

Currently on AF. Afterward, we're going to start trying.

I'd also like a buddy who is trying to lose weight right now. I never stick with exercising. I'm ready to make this a win situation. I'm currently a hundred pounds overweight (since high school).

Hey Jackie! I would like to join you. I was ltttc DS. It took us over 8 years before falling pregnant. And I am back ltttc #2. I don't ovulate due to pcos and DH has low motility. We are looking to start clomid either in Feb or May.

I am also 29 and overweight. I am currently on a low carb diet to help with my PCOS. I would ideally like to lose 50 lbs, however, to be at a healthy weight I should lose 70. I have pretty much weighted the same since I got married 10.5 years ago. So definitely understand the struggle.

Girls I would Luv to join too
I m ttc#2...I am also trying to lose baby weight and just trying to get to pre wedding weight...
I do eat healthy and can share my exercise routine
It took me an yr to conceive #1...we r trying for#2 on cycle2

Hi there, I'd love to join too!

I'm also 29 ans ltttc my second! It took us 5 years to conceive my ds who is now 3 and I haven't been on any birth control since 2005. I have pcos and my son was conceived on clomid.

I've also struggles with my weight for as long as I can remember and am desperately trying to lose some so my fertility consultant will let me have fertility drugs again. Since my son I've had 2 losses so I'm just so ready for this my rainbow baby now.

Would be great to have more support from people going through the same problems x

Hi Krissie x

Unlike you girls. ..I m almost 35...Really hope to conceieve by 35 though. ..
Can you girls share you 1 day worth food intake and exercise/activity?

Jannah on day where I actaully manage to stick to it I'll have cereal or fruit and yoghurt for breakfast, lunch will be a sandwich/wrap on wholemeal bread, soup, carrots and houmous or something similar and tea will be something with not too many carbs or processed food. Last night we had chicken salad with garlic bread, night before salmon fish cake with salad and cous cous etc. Snacks are fruit or plain nuts. I do so well all day but then on a night is where I fail, stuck to it all day yesterday and then just before bed ended up eating a kit kat and crisps. Exercise wise I try and go to the gym 3 times a week and I do classes like body combat or insanity and I've started parking my car further away from work so it's a 15 mins walk there and back x

Hi Krissie.

It's so nice to hear someone is in the same boat as me. I'm trying to start eating healthy as well.

You're on a low carb diet...what's that like? I eat very unhealthy food. I'm obsessed with pizza rolls and whoppers from burger king.

I bought soup to substitute and I haven't touched them.

Hi Jannah, would love to hear about your exercise routine.

Mine sucks which is probably why I lack the motivation to continue.

All I do is leg reps (lie on my side and lift my legs only manage 10 at the moment :blush:) and sit ups (about 5-10 on that one too :cry:)

Anyway, it works. I haven't done this since high school. I do lose about forty pounds then, but it took about 3 months and cutting down all sugar.

I'm a sugar addict.

Hi Taz

Thanks for hitting what this post was about.

Support is all we desire and someone to talk to and complain. It's hard to get respect when you need to lose weight. Everyone I know seems to think it's easy as pie to just change everything.

Good luck to you and I hope you have the happy ending you're searching for.

It's nice to see so many responses. I want this to be a place where we share secrets about what works and what doesn't.

Now, my mind is committed to wanting to lose weight guess what I wanted all day today.

Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Gah, this journey is going to be excruciating. Do you know I still have three bags of Hershey Kisses from Christmas time?

I try to eat smaller portions, but then I go for seconds or thirds. I need to find a meal that's quick to prepare and fulfilling. I'm not a cook.

Unlike you girls. ..I m almost 35...Really hope to conceieve by 35 though. ..
Can you girls share you 1 day worth food intake and exercise/activity?

I eat so unhealthy at the moment. For example, today I woke and bought burger king. Yesterday, I ate pizza rolls all day ( a bag worth 40count)

Exercise: I have a yoga, dance, and tybo cd. I'm out of shape and can only do 10 to 15 mins of this stuff.

Other than that just my leg reps and sit ups which I can only do ten of.

Hi Krissie.

It's so nice to hear someone is in the same boat as me. I'm trying to start eating healthy as well.

You're on a low carb diet...what's that like? I eat very unhealthy food. I'm obsessed with pizza rolls and whoppers from burger king.

I have very strong sugar cravings so I understand!! That is partially why low carb helps me. I don't get a lot of sugar/carbs which trigger me to eat more. The first three or so days getting back on track are hard. I get a headache and the cravings are awful. But once I get past that I am usually pretty good to go.

I am currently doing a ketogentic low carb. Which is very low carb (less than 30 g a day) that keeps you in ketosis. I follow the plans from I Breath, I'm Hungry. It is a website and she has put together several weeks worth of plans as well as a ton of recipes. If I don't like something she has in a meal plan I just sub one of her recipes I do like.

Several months ago I had some success with the way of eating. But I started getting depressed and my emotional eating took over. Since then I have really struggled getting back on track. This week I have focused on eating better and have done better during the day, but come evening I am falling a part. So now that I know that is a trigger I am staying focused on making it through the evenings.

As soon as I try and eat healthy I crave everything that's calorific! I was quite proud last night because my oh ordered Indian takeaway which if my fave and I just had scrambled egg on toast but then when I went to see my friend this evening I ended up having a glass of red ans pizza!

I did juice plus over a year a go and lost 2 stone but same as Krissie I just can't get back in the mind frame and I haven't even been to the gym in a month which I always used to go at least once a week. I feel so defeated at the moment, I look in the mirror and just feel crap! I haven't an appointment at assisted conception in 2 weeks and I just know he'll make me feel.like crap because I haven't lost the weight I needed x

Well....

I started exercising. Nothing to report. It was short and sweet lasting only ten minutes, but it was a start. :thumbup:

The awesome part is I wasn't sore the next day. :happydance: Every time I'm sore, I never work out again because I hate the feelings.

Today, I had crackers with soup. :growlmad:

I looked online for some cool diets to try that are easy and simple.

Has anyone heard of the potato diet? I think I'm going shopping. I'm excited. :haha:

In seven days, we'll see if I'm making any progress.

As soon as I try and eat healthy I crave everything that's calorific! I was quite proud last night because my oh ordered Indian takeaway which if my fave and I just had scrambled egg on toast but then when I went to see my friend this evening I ended up having a glass of red ans pizza!

I did juice plus over a year a go and lost 2 stone but same as Krissie I just can't get back in the mind frame and I haven't even been to the gym in a month which I always used to go at least once a week. I feel so defeated at the moment, I look in the mirror and just feel crap! I haven't an appointment at assisted conception in 2 weeks and I just know he'll make me feel.like crap because I haven't lost the weight I needed x

I'm glad you stood your ground. I almost had the same thing happen though I haven't been tempted quite yet.

DH says, "You're going on a diet. Does this mean no Burger King?"

He spoke skeptically because he knows I always start diets, but they don't last more than a week or two.

My heart hurt for my BK. I couldn't even say the word. :rofl:

Hi Krissie.

I have very strong sugar cravings so I understand!! That is partially why low carb helps me. I don't get a lot of sugar/carbs which trigger me to eat more. The first three or so days getting back on track are hard. I get a headache and the cravings are awful. But once I get past that I am usually pretty good to go.

I am currently doing a ketogentic low carb. Which is very low carb (less than 30 g a day) that keeps you in ketosis. I follow the plans from I Breath, I'm Hungry. It is a website and she has put together several weeks worth of plans as well as a ton of recipes. If I don't like something she has in a meal plan I just sub one of her recipes I do like.

Several months ago I had some success with the way of eating. But I started getting depressed and my emotional eating took over. Since then I have really struggled getting back on track. This week I have focused on eating better and have done better during the day, but come evening I am falling a part. So now that I know that is a trigger I am staying focused on making it through the evenings.

Thanks for the website. I'm definitely going to try one of those recipes soon. I truly hate cooking. Mostly because I'm so darn limited in what I can eat. I'm lactose intolerant and nearly everything has some amount of dairy.

:growlmad:

It's official. I ate a salad today and it was yummy.

Okay. Okay. I added some bacon.

Yay well done mumdreamz, don't worry about the bacon because that still sounds healthy enough to me.

I did fab for like 5 days and then I've been out twice for food and had wine lol. Today's a new day though, going to do a nice healthy shop.

PrincessTaz

You did awesome. I always say when I'm on a diet that there's a free day where I can eat whatever the hell I want. :happydance:

Today was that day for me. Sugar won out and I made brownies. :dohh::blush:I'm now barred until next week. It doesn't help that because of Christmas there's so much candy around this house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->