29 weeks and dilated??

jbhowde2

Reaction score
Hi, just some info. I went into preterm labor with my daughter in late january at 35.5 and was 1 cm dilated or so from 26 weeks until 34. I have been having what i believe to be real contractions and decided to check my cervix. I am 29 weeks (2 close together pregnancies was not intentionally the plan, as we lost our baby girl to SIDS at 19 days old). Upon doing so, i felt the inside of the "donut hole". My question is, is as far as the finger measurements go, are we measuring fingers across like a flat hand or fingers on top of each other? My cervix is definitely open on the bottom, no doubt about that, but the top os, which feels like the opening of a partially open mouth, feels atleast 2.5 cm wide (2 fingers or so, like left of the mouth to right of the mouth if we are making a visual) but about one finger "mouth open."
Am i 2.5 cm dilated or about 1-2 cm dilated???
I had to reach pretty far back to get to my cervix, and could feel what i believe to be the head (felt like i had chunky thin skin across it or something like) after i was into the cervix. I am not 100% if this was the head or not as i was struggling to keep my fingers reached that far back. Could any ladies give me any insight?

PS I know i should not be checking my own cervix, but I am familiar with myself and know how to do it as safely as I can. Please no judgements for that aspect of this. I just need help determining if I am dilated??

Also, I lost a huge chunk of my mucus plug tonight (not brown or pink or red tinged though).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->