29 weeks, anyone had pneumonia?

Laurans

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm 29 weeks today and despite being diabetic type 1 and hypothyroid have had a very healthy pregnancy!

Since sat night I got ill very quickly and the main thing is the absolutely awful burning sensation in my chest when I breathe! Went to the docs and he said I have serious pneumonia and bronchitis! I'm waiting to see the OB and then said will prob be admitted to hospital!

So anyone had any experience of pneumonia in Pregnancy? What happened/ what did they do/ how long to feel better?
Worried about antibiotics effect on baby so any positive stories welcome!

Thanks ladies x

I was in hospital last weekend with a deflated lung with fluid round it and an infection. Very similar to pneumonia. I had to have a x ray and a ct scan, lots of painkillers and antibiotics. My pain was so so bad. I couldn't breath and sharp pain down my back and arm. Finished antibiotics now but still getting pains so need to go back for more. Anyway baby was checked in hospital and again on Thursday and iv to go to hospital next Monday to see consultant to check baby again but he is fine! I was on amoxicillin and doesn't seen to of affected him at all. I really didn't want to take them but was in so much pain I needed to! Hope you're better soon! X

Thanks Kirsty!
Its good to know despite you being so ill (and needing tests and treatment) that baby is fine! My baby boy is kicking around so he seems fine at the moment!

Sorry to hear your still not feeling great! Hope you feel better soon!
:flower:

I had a bad I fe ton in my lungs that ran to my brain when I was in my first trimester with my 3rd. I was put on some strong antibiotics during that critical growing time. She's now a healthy very smart 4 year old. I will say what my doc told me " your baby can't live if you dont"

I had pneumonia around 30 weeks with my DD. I didn't feel too bad, just like a regular chest or lung infection really. I didn't have to stay in hospital, just had home visits from the doctor (I have a heart condition so it was best for me to stay away from other sick people and not risk catching a secondary infection) I think I felt significantly better within a couple of weeks.

A close friend of mine had it during pregnancy. She was very ill and they put her on loads of medication but she recovered fully, her son is now three and perfectly healthy. I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks so much ladies!
Well I saw the OB and baby boy is fine. They agreed to let me come home with medication and as long as I can control my temperature and blood sugars should avoid hospital! Phew!!! My darling hubby is being best nurse ever!
Thanks again for the words of encouragement ! :flower:

I hope you get better quickly!!

I just got over a nasty case of bronchitis. 10 days of amoxicillin and I am starting to feel much better. Baby is doing fine also. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->