29 weeks pregnant and been made redundant..

MrsLemon

Reaction score
was due to begin my maternity leave at christmas, but this morning I was told due to staffing shortages after christmas the nursery will be closing..

I`m from the uk and was wondering if anyone can tell me if it will effect my maternity pay??

cant stop crying I am deputy manager and today was made to feel like its my fault we have all lost our jobs as, if I were`nt going we could still be open as we are only a small team of 5. Its not my fault no-one else would apply for the job as its a lot of work for almost minimum wage :(

Sorry to hear that, I was in your shoes when ds2 was due - the fallback was the government paying me maternity allowance instead of the liquidated company footing the bill x

You'll be entitled to Maternity Allowance, not sure on anything else as never been in your situation! Maternity Allowance is 90% of your earnings or £138 a week - well I'm pretty sure it is!

Please don't worry legally you are entitled to your full maternity pay. Anyone leaving a company (for whatever reason) 15 weeks before there EDD in the UK are entitled to receive the full amount due to them. It will be paid in one lump sum rather than weekly. You will be heavily taxed but you will be able to claim this back.

You should receive everything in your final pay including any holiday accrued. If there is an issue you will absolutely be entitled to claim maternity allowance as above have said.

Big hugs. I would suggest speaking to citizens advice in the meantime, but I promise it'll be fine.

I know it feels awful now. I work in HR and have seen this too often. However, I have yet to hear of anyone made redundancy that hasn't gone on to better things. Please remember it's not your fault no matter what anyone else says xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->