General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

@tingley that's so funny, my SIL said the same thing (they were "team green" for their third and she also didn't think to look until the nurses asked her lol). I feel like I would immediately want to know, but I guess I don't know until I'm in that scenario. I imagine the first thing you are really focused on is the relief if baby being out and that they're ok.

Tingley & @autumnal how old are your youngests? And how long have you been on the ttc train this go-round?

Dobs I love your adventures in cooking. I'm here for all of it. I need ideas for meals myself so if you have anything that's particularly good, do share! Especially if it's kid friendly. Good Lord, it is an impossibility finding food all my children will eat unless it's pizza or chicken nuggets. Those are literally the only two foods I can think of that they all universally like without complaint. Also sometimes steak but even that's not reliable with the youngest.The do NOT all like french fries, hot dogs, pasta, or mac & cheese (yes I know this is a pasta but it's basically it's own food category). I mean what the heck? These are like childhood staples. Admittedly though it's mostly my oldest who has texture issues with mushy things. But he hates potatoes of all kinds, unless they're chips.

Shae lol at hubby making y sperm; time will tell! I will be honest, I would of course love a girl. I'm back to being hopeful for a girl, but I am so afraid of being disappointed (like in the literal gender disappointment kind of way). But to be honest I really think the timing and everything is making a boy a lot more likely. The time I *think* we conceived and the time I'm pretty sure I was ovulating (not because of my ov pains that were conveniently absent that month but because of other symptoms looking back) were pretty much the same day. We dtd on ov day with all the kids, except for the m/c which was o-5, so I will definitely be shocked if it's a girl. From the looks of it, that theory about sperm being the faster swimmers holds true, at least in my experience. I suppose it's possible that the encounter producing the winning sperm was from earlier that week, but I'll be really honest, I don't remember when we dtd other than that friday because we were out of town so it was different/significant. We most likely did, but I don't remember the details beyond the hotel :/ Anyway it doesn't matter, but I'm just trying to keep my expectations realistic. History shows....this is probably a boy as well!
I think it was exactly that, the relief of baby being safe and pushing being over! It also reassured me that even though I had been sort of secretly hoping for a girl, that in reality I didn't actually care, and was just happy to have my baby!

This is our first month ttc this time round. My first, third and fourth were conceived very quickly, my second took a year with two miscarriages in that year before him. My youngest is 4, she will be 5 in November. How old are yours?

Interesting you say that about timing and whether you have a boy or girl. With my fourth I researched it lots, and then when I conceived her we definitely dtd way before ovulation and then I purposefully didn't close to it, and then she was a girl after 3 boys! So I do think there is definitely something in that theory. But what I have learnt from having my girl is that she is no different to the boys, if anything she is even more feral and rough, but that could just be her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->