29 weeks, threatened premature labour

Thats great news, you really sound like you know what your talking about. Hope she has a speed recovery :) 4.6 pounds is agreat weight my friend just gave brth at 38 weeks and her baby girl didnt even weigh that! Taking milk by mouth is good too, see im learning

this may sound silly but before all this happened i had babys hospital bag packed. Im guessing if I have my baby early I wont need it will I? because obviously the clothes and nappies wouldnt fit and the nurses would change nappies if im not allowed.

The contractions come and go and im not sure whether they are BH or not but Im not in much pain so Im going to see what happens, think my cervix is very soft compared to when they examined me last week and ive slowly been losing bits of the plug (tmi) so im guessing its going to happen again soon

xxxxx

hahaha Legs crossed :winkwink: yep, everything crossed girl ! =)

YEP I agree with foogirl, having the bag is really a good thing ! =D

Well for the baby ( depending on the age and if she goes to the NICU ) she may not need clothes and may be only in diapers in the isolette for the first few days. ( later they will let you dress her even in the isolette)
BUT DEFF GET CLOTHES FOR YOU haha,
I remember that I was supposed to have a bag hehe, but my husband forgot and I had to wear hospital johnnies for 7 days ! ( only the day I was leaving my DH came with a bag HA I wanted to kill him !)
Plus I wanted at least to blow dry my hair here and there but the blow drier in my room was broken and I had nothing besides soap, hospital shampoo ( eww) a cheap hairbrush and my johnnies haha. ( Ow and a teethbrush in my hand bag )

So getting yourself ready is a really good idea ;)

How many weeks are you now ?

don´t forget to give us some update from ur doc hunn =)

:hugs:

I remember that I was supposed to have a bag hehe, but my husband forgot and I had to wear hospital johnnies for 7 days ! ( only the day I was leaving my DH came with a bag HA I wanted to kill him !)
Plus I wanted at least to blow dry my hair here and there but the blow drier in my room was broken and I had nothing besides soap, hospital shampoo ( eww) a cheap hairbrush and my johnnies haha. ( Ow and a teethbrush in my hand bag )
I was actually quite lucky. Whilst I was in hospital in London, Mr Foo was enjoying the marriott hotel we had booked for our lovely weekend away. As I had nowt - not even a proper pillow, he slowly decanted stuff to me in hospital. I had marriott shampoo, hairdrier, slippers, dressing gown, pillows :haha: He kept the DND on the door incase housekeeping went in and saw the room stripped bare!!

foogirl what a great story made me giggle, bet u wished you were in the hotel bed though instead of the hospital beds

29+4 today

was abit rubbish I was hoping for an examination to tell me more i hate not knowing whats going on. basically the consultant told me i have to be ready to go into labour at any point and its unlikely ill make it to term. I have to go back next week if nothing has happened before. But they are only going to tell me the same Id much rather have my midwife appointment instead she does more but cant complain

I was supposed to be travelling 120 miles away to visit my dad for the weekend and attend a family event (my nana passed away earlier this year and next weekend is what would have been my nana and grandads 50th anniversary) but i guess travelling that far would be irresponsible so might not be able to go. what a nightmare.

Atleast my baby is doing well :happydance: xxxx

foogirl what a great story made me giggle, bet u wished you were in the hotel bed though instead of the hospital beds

29+4 today

was abit rubbish I was hoping for an examination to tell me more i hate not knowing whats going on. basically the consultant told me i have to be ready to go into labour at any point and its unlikely ill make it to term. I have to go back next week if nothing has happened before. But they are only going to tell me the same Id much rather have my midwife appointment instead she does more but cant complain

I was supposed to be travelling 120 miles away to visit my dad for the weekend and attend a family event (my nana passed away earlier this year and next weekend is what would have been my nana and grandads 50th anniversary) but i guess travelling that far would be irresponsible so might not be able to go. what a nightmare.

Atleast my baby is doing well :happydance: xxxx

It was particularly galling as I could see the hotel from my hospital room window!

Yay for 29+4:happydance:

And yes, you stay put. No gallavanting off to parties at the weekend. There is plenty time for seeing family. What would your Nana have said...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->