-

Hi!

I've not used tots bots bamboozle stretchies but I think they're similar to other two part systems, which I have tried.

The liner isn't like a sanitary towel - if you're using disposable ones, they're kind of like soft paper. You can get different kinds, some aren't very nice next to delicate skin, but I've found the Boots ones nice. The liner isn't meant to absorb anything, just catch the poo. Some people (and I think most people here) prefer to use washable fleece liners. They still keep the poo off your nice nappies, you can usually just shake poo off down the loo and they do a great job of keeping the wee away from your baby's skin.

You will need to wash the nappy each time it's used because that's the absorbant part that soaks up the wee. If it's just a wet nappy, you can often get away with reusing the wraps a few times, which is why most places recommend around twice as many nappies as wraps. You will probably need to change the nappy AND the wrap whenever baby poos though.

Boosters are for adding a little extra absorbancy to a nappy and for me, it's definitely worth it. I usually find that a booster adds an extra hour or so of leak-free time to a nappy. Normally people don't use boosters on newborns as they don't wee as much as an older baby, and it can make the nappy look huge on a little one!

Enjoy being rebellious - it's half the fun of cloth nappies, especially when you see all the gorgeous nappies out there!

Oh I nearly forgot, I don't think I've ever heard anything very positive about the tots bots fleece wraps (though somebody might want to disagree) so it might be worth looking at other wraps too. You don't have to use tots bots wraps just because the nappies are tots bots :)

you need to change the nappy every time as it will be wet, the liner is an optional extra (I rarely use them) but lets pee go through into the nappy and keeps babys skin nice and dry. I only used disposable liners during the meconium stage and then they were really too much hassle to bother with and breastfeeding poo is so runny it just wasnt worth it!
the tots bots stretchies are VERY good, I really rate them, how often are you planning on washing and do you have a tumble drier? Ten may not really be enough you would have to wash every day and tumble dry them to be sure you had enough, twenty would be more like it but you may not want to buy 20 size 1 as they only do up to 18lb, if you have a bigger baby you might find they fit into the size 2s straight away so I would be tempted to get 10 size 1s and 10 size 2s as you could 'make do' with a size 2 on a baby of 7/8lb if you ran out of size 1's.

Tots Bots stretchies come with boosters already. IME with the stretchies you are VERY unlikely to need any more boosting in the nappy. Boosters are there to absorb more pee basically, for padding out the nappy especially at night when LO starts to sleep longer stretches. I have used the stretchies overnight for 12 hours on my LO with zero leaking and it would hold plenty more pee than he puts in it too so I, personally, wouldnt bother buying any extra boosters until you have your LO here and can gauge whether he/she will need it or not.

NB I think 5 wraps is plenty :)

Hey, I used the Tots Bots Bamboozles with my LO and found them really good. You need to change the nappy after each use, although the wrap can be used again unless its soiled. The liners are just like tissue and catch any solids so they can be put straight down the loo.
I have 15 size 1's and that was sufficient for us. They can take a while to dry if you don't have a tumble drier (we don't) so we had a 2 day rotation.
Day 1: Used 5 nappies (10 Clean left)
Day 2: Used 5 nappies -(5 clean left) Put all 10 dirty nappies in wash in evening and hang out to dry on airer
Day 3: 5 remaining nappies worn (10 Clean nappies drying)
Day 4: 5 nappies worn (5 clean left) Put 10 nappies in wash
and so the cycle continues! ~(Hope that makes sense!)
I have 2 spare packs of the regular Rainbow bamboozles for sale (I thought 15 was sufficient, and if I used more there would just be dirty nappies sitting for longer in the nappy bin) 5 nappies and one wrap in each. PM me if you're interested.

Also, the tots bots wraps aren't great (although I heard that the fleece ones were ok?). I always use Motherease wraps. I prefer the Airflow, but thats just personal preference. I think 5/6 wraps is probably fine, because they dry very quickly and you can use them the day after washing, so no down time.
Hope that helps!

PS I don't use cloth at night :blush: so you may need more if you intend to, people are always saying how good bamboozles are when boosted for night time use.:)

if you do manage to get your OH into using washable fleece liners, the little lamb ones are gorgeous ! most fleece liners are like the material you get the blankets and stuff in but the little lamb ones are a thick fluffy pile - i had my hand stuck in the parcel of liners stroking them for ages when they first arrived :haha:

size 2 stretchies are birth to potty but only fit from 9lb (though I use Size 1s and 2s on a baby from when he was 7lb2oz with no problem, it was just that the velcro at the front was right overlapped, the actual fit and function of the nappy was perfect)
The stretchies are much slimmer than any other tots bots nappies, the are softer and dont leak (I had leaks with all other tots bots nappies Ive used) due to their "stretchy" fit.
The reason for getting size1 is that if you have a smaller baby they fit from very, very tiny and do last a fair while, up to 18lb should do most babies to at least 4 months old, it would probably do most much longer, if I use a Size 1 on mine the tabs still touch in the middle and he is over 12lb (probably closer to 13lb now)

The stretchies do take overnight to air dry to be on the safe side. I have air dried them hung over the radiator in about 4 hours but I have a very good spin on my washing machine which seems to make a difference.

i used the fleece wraps and i dont have a problem... never had a leak overnight or nuthin :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->