• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2bd degree tear front to back I look horrendous and in agony

butterfly5

PREGNANT 3RD TRI
Reaction score
When will I recognise my own bits? I am 4 days post partum and I hae a second degree tear front to back due to a ventouse delivery. I am in agony and only sort of relief is when in a bath. I just looked in the mirror and it looks horrendous and I could make out my own anus as I wanted to see if the extreme pain was stitches or a pile but I couldn't even begin to know what was what :(

:hugs:

Give yourself time as its only been 4 days.....it will take time Hun.
Have you been given any pain relief?

Only paracetamol but also taking ibuprofen as breastfeeding they sent me home with nothing but people who bf said ibuprofen is ok

Yes take ibuprofen, sit on a boppy or a donut pillow, and in 3 weeks you'll feel better. Trust me, it will loo normal again!

I did the same early on, it's scary. But it gets a million times better around 6-8 weeks.

But for discomfort...I will try to remember what advice I gathered. Water spray bottle with warm water, every time. Lean forward when you pee. And put Tucks or Witch Hazel pads on top of your pad EVERY time, seriously. I know they say to keep it dry, but witch hazel is antibacterial and I think I used them for a few weeks straight, lol. But maybe that's too long. When it starts itching and drying up/healing, just use them to wipe though, so that the area stays dry. Use a thick maternity pad and press up against your stitches if you have to have a BM. Relax your facial muscles and your muscles down there relax too, like in birth. Drink prune juice if you can stand it to help constipation, oatmeal with added fibre, and cranberry juice to prevent UTIs. I'm trying to remember what else... just be really, really careful lifting things; they usually only say that for C-section moms but it's just as important for all moms. I was dumb and tore my stitches after lifting a giant bag of trash and now I have a bit of weirdness because my doctor refused to fix it.

Though I'm 6 months PP and honestly I can't see much difference now. And TMI, I had 2nd degree from a nearly 9lb giant head child, and labial tears too, like... they had to sew things back on LOL. And it is not even visible. And my muscles are the same as before, no lies. :D Lots of kegels. They help healing stitches too! Even if you can't feel them at first, they are working.

I had an episiotomy front to back and looked in a hand mirror a week later and it was awful!! Well anyway 20 months has passed and I had a peek yesterday and you have to literally squint to see the faint faint line that is my scar, it's practically back to normal! It feels a little firm but it's only something I notice.

Also I was in agony afterwards and could barely walk. I had 2 lavender baths a day and sat on a feeding cushion to take the weight off it and after 2 weeks I was pain-free, don't worry within a few weeks you'll feel a lot better just hang in there. xx

I had same here 2nd degree tear and my perineum stitched back up. My oh checked my syitches two days ago would be 2 weeks and 3 day's and he said looking back to normal altho the bum still looks like a wound. I would bath in witch hazel and soak a sanitary towel in it too. Very soothing. Mine are fine. Stopped being painful about 2 weeks max.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->