2nd babies.. Lets get an idea!

ashley_gee89

Mummy of 3.
Reaction score
I jus wondered how true the 'second babies come earlier' stuff is. We know its usually a faster labour and apparently 2nd babies come 1 week earlier than a first, on average. So lets see if its anywhere close! Note: where it says early, it means earlier than your first not early as in pre-term :)

My first came at 39+1 so defo not a week earlier!

If that's true I'm all game for it, Means I only got 3 weeks to go, With my luck though this one will be a week late !

Im only having my first baby but my mum had both my brother and me a week late, BUT my brother was 3.5 hours were I was the second baby and I was only 1.5 hours SO maybe the second labour is faster :happydance:

My first was born at 39 weeks... and today at my doctor's appointment, it seems that I am well into early labor (dilated to a 4)... I don't think I'll make it another week. :thumbup:

My first came on his due date and my second came exactly one week before without induction. So, I guess this is correct for me! Hopefully my third will come around 38-39 weeks this time!

My midwife said to me at my appointment today, as i went 7 days over last time, i'm likely to go over again...:shrug:

Yep i read that its only 1/5 that are actually earlier think it also depends on 'how' youve deluvered hence the natural/induced/section options

I was induced at 10 days over with dd, and ds came natuarally at 5 days over. Hoping the pattern continues and I go on my due date this time!!

Opps looks like ive confused you with the poll then, you should have chosen early but natural lol as 2nd was earlier than 1st

Come on girls, keep this poll goin' will be good to have it for reference with it bein a popular Q :)

Ooh I hope I don't have to be induced again for being overdue, would be nice a week early to a week late, not 2 weeks late like last time :(

my second was 2 days earlier than my first but still i was induced for being overdue lol

My first baby was born at 40+4 after going into labour naturally but being speeded up with a prostin pessary because my waters had broken before established labour kicked in properly. Second baby - I had a completely natural labour at 40+12. As seems generally to be the case, my second labour was very much shorter than my first.

wasnt true for me. My 2nd came 2 weeks later than my 1st. My 1st my waters went at 38w6d and had a section at 39 weeks. My 2nd i wanted a vbac. but got to 41 weeks and had 2 sweeps and she wasnty budging lol so had another section. She would probably still be in there now given the chance lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->