• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2nd baby due october with ivf

emmap

expecting 2nd baby
Reaction score
Hi

I'm expecting my 2nd baby in october after 1 attempt at ivf, my 1st son was also concieved by ivf 1st attempt also. I went to a great clininc and although it is expensive it definatley worth it i had no side affects at all and would recommed it to anyone whos got fertility problems.:happydance:

Thats great news - sounds like you have been very lucky!

Do you mind me asking what fertility problems you had to make you go for IVF?

Also, which clinic and how much?!

Hi
I have blocked tubes this was confirmed by a hsg then a laparoscopy they tried to unblock them but didnt work also was given 4 cycles of clomid to try just incase but no luck, so after 4 years of trying the doctor suggested ivf.We could have waited on nhs but after 4 years decided we couldnt wait any longer. i ordered a copy of the hfea brochure and it has all the clinics in it and there success rates so we chose one nearest to us with the highest success rate. We went to the herts and essex fertility centre. They were brilliant it cost us about £4000. But worth every penny.

Thanks for the answer Emmap. Sometimes you wonder if its worth skipping all the Clomid, IUI and months of waiting and going straight for IVF!

Wow that is fantastic news. Me and dh are having to go down the IVF route...i will be 43 next week so i know my chances are very very slim..but i feel that i should give it a couple of trys...i would rather it fail than never to have tried it and then when i am 60 look back and wonder what if. I have been looking at this clinic as it would be eay for us to get to....so your story has def made my mind up now. I very much doubt if we will be as lucky as you but if we dont try it we will have no chance of concieving.
Have a fab rest of your pregnancy and thank you for sharing your story,xxx

Thanks for the answer Emmap. Sometimes you wonder if its worth skipping all the Clomid, IUI and months of waiting and going straight for IVF!

I know it feels like forever , but once we made the decision to start ivf i felt much more positive. x

Wow that is fantastic news. Me and dh are having to go down the IVF route...i will be 43 next week so i know my chances are very very slim..but i feel that i should give it a couple of trys...i would rather it fail than never to have tried it and then when i am 60 look back and wonder what if. I have been looking at this clinic as it would be eay for us to get to....so your story has def made my mind up now. I very much doubt if we will be as lucky as you but if we dont try it we will have no chance of concieving.
Have a fab rest of your pregnancy and thank you for sharing your story,xxx

Hi

Its really easy to get to and park, I'd go for it. Hopefully you'll get good results there as well. If you do try it make sure you drink lots of water and try reflexology as well with it. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->