2nd baby, will you move car seats around in the back of the car?

MrsGM

Bamboozled Mum of 2
Reaction score
So it seems to be (in the UK anyway) that baby car seat is behind the passenger seat, what did you do with the 2nd one?

I was wondering whether to move LO over behind the driver seat and put baby car seat behind the passenger seat, or just leave LO where he is and put baby behind the driver?

Sounds silly but would like to know other thoughts on this?

We'll be moving our eldest behind the drivers seat and the new baby will go on the passenger side

Assuming the oldest child cannot buckle themselves into their carseat, I would put the baby behind the passenger seat. This way you can walk with baby and child to passenger side keeping a hand on both, have the older child climb in, and walk across to their chair. You put in baby, close door and walk to driver side, buckle in child, and get in the car!

If your older one could buckle themselves in, I would switch this around and you wont even have to walk to the passenger side.

no my son will be staying behind the passenger seat as we have a small car and he is in a ERF car seat so the front passenger seat has to be set quite far forward and would make it akward for both me and OH to drive with the seat that far forward

We only have a 3 door so baby carrier will go behind passenger seat for ease of getting it in and out of the car (we have a travel system!) - this means no faffing with changing drivers seat position just to get the seat in and out.

We have already moved my sons seat to behind the driver so he gets used to sitting that side before baby comes along. Plus he is only 5 so can still fit through the gap created by just tipping the driver seat forward (as apposed to moving the whole seat) so can still get in and out easy enough. Or he gets in passenger side and scoots across to his seat!

No, cause Eva's ERF seat won't fit behind drivers seat, so baby will be behind driver. Have a mirror attached to the middle headrest which will let me see both.

The baby will be going behind drivers side as we both drive the car and OH is 6ft4 and I am 5ft4 so need to move the seat lol. Oliver has long legs and the passengers side seat has to go forward to fit him in.

I've just moved my toddler's carseat over to behind my driver's seat and have baby car seat ready for behind the passenger seat x

Our daughter is in the middle as its statistically the safest spot to be. But she will be moved behind the passenger and the baby will go in the middle ((will put the capsule in from the drivers side.).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->