2nd centile!!! :(

pink.crazy

Mummy to 2 boys!
Reaction score
I got the courage up to get Leo weighed today. He's dropped to the 2nd centile :( I knew he couldn't possibly gain weight as he's still hardly eaten and he has been poorly.. but he's LOST weight which freaks me out! :( HV (uggghh) said to go back in 2 weeks to see where we're at.
So WDYT??? Cake, chocolate and other crap for the next fortnight hey Leo?!!? :haha:

edit...ps,should have mentioned that's for his corrected age.

Hey,

Harry has never made it to the 2nd centile, he isnt even on the chart :(

We put cream, butter and cheese in to all of harry's food to try and fatten him up and trifle is fab for put some weight on!!! xx

Hey,

We put cream, butter and cheese in to all of harry's food to try and fatten him up and trifle is fab for put some weight on!!! xx

Do you mind me asking what Harry weighs? Leo's at 14lb, I still think this is quite good but the chart and HV say otherwise :/

Hey,

Do you mind me asking what Harry weighs? Leo's at 14lb, I still think this is quite good but the chart and HV say otherwise :/

Hey, its no problem asking for Haryr's weight, he has gone back down to 13pound 12oz!

Check leo out being a stone! well done x

Leo looks quite chubby, he's such a short arse :haha: I wonder when he'll grow in length too.. ah well I've decided I'm not gonna get wound up about it. He's happy!!

Hi it's a worry when they dont eat. Over the past few days my lo has not been eating very well and biting on everything. The strange thing is she already has 8 teeth and never went off her food before but whatever one is coming next is really bothering her.

A few weeks ago my lo was 14lb 12oz and she is in the 0.4th centile for her corrected age and off the chart for actual! She is 11 months corrected today.

Hopefully when he is feeling better he will climb the charts again.

Bob - do they use corrected age on Harry's charts as Holly was 13lb 14oz at 1 year actual and she has always been on the 0.4th centile for corrected? I was gutted as I wanted to hit the stone for her first birthday lol

hm, amelie is full term born on the 9th and been upto almost 50th and down to 2nd. shes now 25thish but for a preemie, 2nd doesnt sound too bad :hugs:

Has she compared his weight to his hight? That should give a better idea of how healthy he is. Hes not going to 26lb if hes on the small side.

Abby dropped centiles from 75th to 2nd. We got really wound up about it. Eventually we decided not to worry too much. The dietitan put her on a calogen supplement which has helped her back up to the 25th.

What do you feed him? Are you getting enough fat into him? We discovered far too late that soya milk is too low in fat!

Try adding olive oil to his food. I make a great lentil spoup. packed full of good stuff with plenty of olive oil in it.

If he can take dairy, cheese is a great option too.

But relax about it. We got so wound up, teatimes were a battle if she decided not to eat - which just made it worse :dohh:

Ellei has always been on the 0.4th centile and I used to get so stressed out about it but Im not worrying anymore as she is a happy content little girl xx

I'd be less bothered by what the HV says and more interested in what they think at his hospital reviews xx

We're not back at the hospital until he's 1.. otherwise I wouldn't bother with the weigh clinic :( (it was the 1st time we've been)

I look at photos and worry, but I feel like I've got it into my head now that he's not thriving and now I can't shake it. It's silly really as no one else sees it.
Developmentally.. he started rolling back to tummy a couple of days ago, also his sitting is getting more steady. He won't have anything to do with lumpy food.. he gets stressed with finger foods. I feel like I would benefit from seeing his consultant NOW.. even if only for 2 minutes, for him to check him over and tell me he's ok, is that silly?
I'm anxious that we still have 3 months until we see him again.. and until then I have to either relax and go it alone or lean on the crappy HV..

This is one of the photos I mean..
https://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/195889_10150148905791431_522966430_7164637_1386700_n.jpg

In clothes he looks quite chunky... he's just all head bless him <3

I think that he looks FAB in his bumbo lol im sure that he is doing great but I know what you mean, if your HV is so concerned ask her to get you an appointment sooner with the consultant??

P3230769.jpg

this is Ellie in her bumbo at 20 weeks, 13 corrected xx

Sophie wasn't very much different from that at the same age - she was 14lbs 3oz at just over 9 months actual, 6 months corrected. If he has been poorly I'm sure that will have made a difference - when Sophie had a bad cold she gained a lot less than usual from one month to the next when she was weighed. I'm sure when he's better he'll start putting on weight again, and I see some of the other ladies have given you some great tips to help him :)

If you are really worried go and see your GP and ask for them to arrange a sooner appointment with Leo's consultant. Sounds like it's the first time you've seen this HV so she has not seen Leo before to make any judgement on how he is progressing over what she can see just by looking at that silly graph?
I must confess to not having much if any confidence in HV and haven't found our community midwives much better. One rang last week to arrange Jamie's 8 month developmental review to which OH laughed and asked her if she knew that a) he was only coming up to 7 months b) he was only 4 1/2 months developmentally and c) was followed up by the hospital for that kind of thing but I would be back later if she still felt she needed to come round. She hasn't called back.

If you are really worried go and see your GP and ask for them to arrange a sooner appointment with Leo's consultant. Sounds like it's the first time you've seen this HV so she has not seen Leo before to make any judgement on how he is progressing over what she can see just by looking at that silly graph?
I must confess to not having much if any confidence in HV and haven't found our community midwives much better. One rang last week to arrange Jamie's 8 month developmental review to which OH laughed and asked her if she knew that a) he was only coming up to 7 months b) he was only 4 1/2 months developmentally and c) was followed up by the hospital for that kind of thing but I would be back later if she still felt she needed to come round. She hasn't called back.

What is it with these health visitors and community midwives?! Our health visitor said she will do Sophie's one year check up in April so she is "not at an unfair disadvantage" when she gets it - but she'll only be 10 months corrected, so isn't she still at an unfair disadvantage unless they do it when she's a year corrected?! Plus she gets her check ups at the hospital too so I don't see the point of getting the health visitor one. Well done to your other half! x

Yeah lol he is really the one who has no time for them - his bro and sis-in-law had a baby that very sadly died a couple of hours after birth due to a congential cardiac problem that wasn't detected on the scans. When the midwife turned up at the house to see how Mum and Baby were doing a couple of days later you can imagine the upset that caused......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->