2nd centile!!! :(

Well he's due to be weighed on Wednesday, at my own weigh clinic (I went to the one in town initially as I couldn't get to mine) so I will see how I get along with the HV there - I know one of them and she used to be a neonatal nurse so I *hope* we see her. I also hope he's put weight on - I think if he's got back over 15lb I'll totally relax. I'm just freaking out at the thought of him losing weight.
I didn't realise you could request to see the consultant sooner.
The GP is NOT worth bothering with..
Hopefully he'll have put weight on and I can just let this all go and carry on enjoying him worry free (well, almost!!)
Thanks so much for all of the support and advice with this, you ladies rock!
Fatty vibes for Wednesday please :D

Fingers crossed :) let us know :)
Our consultant will call me if I want to speak to him I just have to put in a request via his secretary, and I'll admit I'm lucky that Jamie's GP did 6 months working with his consultant before becoming a GP so he's pretty clued up on neonatal medicine. Maybe they are more helpful cos of my job but I don't think so....But if you do have concerns you shouldn't feel like you can't at least ask for the hospital to bring his appt forwards x

We're at 6 weeks corrected - 16 weeks actual, Ethan is 12lb 1oz and is on the 75th centile, Aimee is 5lb 9oz and has yet to make the chart! I don't really pay that much attention to be honest.

We're at 6 weeks corrected - 16 weeks actual, Ethan is 12lb 1oz and is on the 75th centile, Aimee is 5lb 9oz and has yet to make the chart! I don't really pay that much attention to be honest.

Hi, thanks for your reply :) It doesn't really bother me where he's at on the charts, it's the fact he's gone from being consistent to suddenly losing weight and falling down the centiles.. I was happy with him following the graph comfortably.. I think it's the worry of him falling further. Hopefully on Wednesday I'll have found some reassurance, even if he's staying with the 2nd centile.

Just a thought - he's not just suddenly become more mobile has he? Just looking at your profile pic and when they become active don't the sometimes lose some chub?

Just a thought - he's not just suddenly become more mobile has he? Just looking at your profile pic and when they become active don't the sometimes lose some chub?

I did think this too.. I mean, he doesn't pull up or anything, but he's happy to stand and hold onto something, and he's starting to kick/flap about more on the floor so I guess he's "working out"

I think... to get this into perspective, the main thing is that tomorrow he hasn't LOST weight, it's no biggie if there's little or no gain, right? Sorry to keep going on!

Hey, glad I found this thread I have been worrying about Anna's weight.
She is one next week and is 12lb 2oz, but she was also 15 weeks early. She is just below the 4th centile on my chart (though I must go and check she actually put the dot in the right place)

We have the dietician on friday, have been said to add cheese, butter, milk etc into her foods. Problem is, I am a sh!t cook! :( I can make mash, and cook lentils etc but generally I burn stuff or just do it all wrong, oops!
I feel she is coping well on mostly stage 2 jars, and I know which ones she is more likely to eat etc, but will see what the dietician has to say.
Maybe I will print this thread off to say its not weird that she is so small. I do get comments from 'friends' that are like ''oh but shes still so tiny'' and ''she doesnt put on weight fast enough'' grrrrrrr, she was 1lb 3!!

Hey, glad I found this thread I have been worrying about Anna's weight.
She is one next week and is 12lb 2oz, but she was also 15 weeks early. She is just below the 4th centile on my chart (though I must go and check she actually put the dot in the right place)

We have the dietician on friday, have been said to add cheese, butter, milk etc into her foods. Problem is, I am a sh!t cook! :( I can make mash, and cook lentils etc but generally I burn stuff or just do it all wrong, oops!
I feel she is coping well on mostly stage 2 jars, and I know which ones she is more likely to eat etc, but will see what the dietician has to say.
Maybe I will print this thread off to say its not weird that she is so small. I do get comments from 'friends' that are like ''oh but shes still so tiny'' and ''she doesnt put on weight fast enough'' grrrrrrr, she was 1lb 3!!

1lb 3!!! Wow she is doing AMAZING then!!!
I am also a terrible cook.. I can just about manage cottage pie and barbeque chicken but I hate cooking because it's always a disaster! Most of the things I do cook I don't think are suitable for Leo (I used sauces from a jar etc) I feel like I'm going in circles.
At what stage did Anna eat the stage 2 jars happily? Leo only likes 2 from boots organic range, and that's because they are virtually lump free. It's just like he can't be bothered to eat it so holds it in his mouth, then gets distressed... I don't want him to have issues with food, ugh.

It has only been the last couple of weeks.

I started off with the Ella's Kitchen stage two, because they are textured, not lumpy.
I then chose stage 2 jars that had the least/smallest lumps like the cheesey pasta stars and she loved the... oh I think it was pasta bake with ham or something, she finds the thicker ones easier, maybe she doesn't notice the lumps as much! Lol. I gave her a jar of cottage pie the other day, with whole peas in.. thinking she will spit them out, no she ate the peas but spat out the lumps of potato! Haha!

She did freak out with them a few weeks before she accepted them, and just would not eat it, holding it in her mouth almost like WTF is this crap?!?!!
So I stayed to the stage ones or the ellas kitchen BUT, I gave stage two puddings because they really arent that lumpy, like the rice pudding and theres a few fruity ones that have really subtle lumps and then just tried her again in a couple of weeks with the stage 2 savoury again. She still won't eat certain stuff, and she still hates banana.

But she will happily stuff her face with anything put in her hand to keep her quiet while I eat! haha! yesterday she was munching on cheese tuc biscuits.

if there is something she hates to eat i take a note of it, and dont offer that for a week or so then try again but trying a few spoons of the one she doesnt like followed by a sweet thing, seems to be working, exept with the banana! (which, she will happily eat if its in a pot like the C+G little purees but NOT if its not blended so it doesnt feel like banana! haha)

It has only been the last couple of weeks.

I started off with the Ella's Kitchen stage two, because they are textured, not lumpy.
I then chose stage 2 jars that had the least/smallest lumps like the cheesey pasta stars and she loved the... oh I think it was pasta bake with ham or something, she finds the thicker ones easier, maybe she doesn't notice the lumps as much! Lol. I gave her a jar of cottage pie the other day, with whole peas in.. thinking she will spit them out, no she ate the peas but spat out the lumps of potato! Haha!

She did freak out with them a few weeks before she accepted them, and just would not eat it, holding it in her mouth almost like WTF is this crap?!?!!
So I stayed to the stage ones or the ellas kitchen BUT, I gave stage two puddings because they really arent that lumpy, like the rice pudding and theres a few fruity ones that have really subtle lumps and then just tried her again in a couple of weeks with the stage 2 savoury again. She still won't eat certain stuff, and she still hates banana.

But she will happily stuff her face with anything put in her hand to keep her quiet while I eat! haha! yesterday she was munching on cheese tuc biscuits.

if there is something she hates to eat i take a note of it, and dont offer that for a week or so then try again but trying a few spoons of the one she doesnt like followed by a sweet thing, seems to be working, exept with the banana! (which, she will happily eat if its in a pot like the C+G little purees but NOT if its not blended so it doesnt feel like banana! haha)

That sounds exactly like Leo's reaction! He drops his jaw and looks at me like "WHAT do I do!??" he won't close his mouth or chew.
I'm going to have a look for the Ella's kitchen foods then.. I think it's worse with some of the jars because the sauce is like water and then there are random lumps.. I think if it was all quite stodgy/mushy he'd be ok, but they all seem to be the same!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->