2nd child, fingertip dilated at 28 weeks

designermama

Reaction score
SO I went to L&D last night for frequent BH. Theres another thread about that, but long story short, they lasted for hours, were closer than 5 mins apart and I couldn't get them to stop. Got fluids. Got checked. All good.

So when I was checked she said I was at a fingertip, but she also said since it was my second child that I could have never closed all the way back… I hadn't heard of this before so I was wondering what you ladies thought.

It's true . You never fully lose after having a baby. I'm in number 4 so could reasonably expect to be 2cm jusy because I've done this 3 x already xx

Thats interesting. You would think it would need to be closed… I am not doctor though! It just freaks me out a little since I have been having these crazy BH. They are nothing like I had with my first, these are too frequent and too strong. I swear this baby is going to fall out in the car on my way to work or something!

My midwife told me she could get a whole fingertip inside when she did a sweep today, but she said as this is not my first pregnancy my cervix could easily have been open that much from the start, so yes it's true and nothing to worry about x

That's so interesting I never knew that was a thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->