2nd cycle TTC, 1st positive result?

kettle28

finally in 3rd tri!!
Reaction score
i've been using both internet cheapies and boots sticks last month, then using cbfm for first month this 2nd cycle.

didnt get anywhere near dark enough lines last month (but then again, had no idea when O would be as 1st cycle off bcp so may have just plain missed the surge!)

have attached the picture of them for your opinions if they are positive or not......

Attachments

• opks may 6th 1230.jpg
    opks may 6th 1230.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 30
It looks close but I don't think it is a positive yet. It could hurt to dtd just in case it is coming soon though. The line has to be at least as dark as the control and they seem a little lighter.

It looks close but I don't think it is a positive yet. It could hurt to dtd just in case it is coming soon though. The line has to be at least as dark as the control and they seem a little lighter.

ff predicts ovulation tomorrow and cbfm says high not peak for today (although first month using that so wont be too disappointed if that doesnt show a peak tomorrow, apparently thats quite common in the first month of use) cant wait for tomorrow to post another picture....hopefully with a lot darker colour on the lines!!

thank you for looking at the test pic for me.....it's nice to get an expert eye on it.....DH hasn't seen enough of them, just thinks there's a line there, so that'll do lol!

Well you seem to be right on track with everything then, hopefully today you got your positive and have plenty of time to get busy with your DH. My husband learned pretty quickly about opks after he saw the first one in the trash with 2 lines and thought I was pregnant. He even became my second opinion person and got pretty good at it haha.

It looks really close. The problem is that results can vary within hours. You can have a negative one at 10am and then a fat test line at 6pm... So that might be the reason why you didn't detect your ovulation last month.

waiting for another cbfm to arrive (this one is playing up and didnt take a test stick for 2 seperate days after getting the high reading) but my temp didn't shift up so dont think i missed a high, also reading some posts that certain brands of ic's aren't as good....can't get those wandfo ones over here in the uk and that's what most people are saying are really good.

worrying now about not ovulating so have bought the poas ovulation sticks to back up the cbfm until I can use the new one next cycle....feel much better now I have them :)

Well hopfully they'll show your positive soon. I just got my order of ICs today, it will be my first time using them so idk how well they will work. I just was tired of spending almost $20 for 20 ovulation stips and 5 pregnancy tests in the store when I ordered 100 ovulation strips and 20 pregnancy tests for $24 online. I am just starting temping with my next cycle so I don't know a lot about that yet.

Well hopfully they'll show your positive soon. I just got my order of ICs today, it will be my first time using them so idk how well they will work. I just was tired of spending almost $20 for 20 ovulation stips and 5 pregnancy tests in the store when I ordered 100 ovulation strips and 20 pregnancy tests for $24 online. I am just starting temping with my next cycle so I don't know a lot about that yet.

only just read your post properly about your 2 x lines on the opk in the bin - ha ha! have to make it clear to my dh what he's looking at just in case he starts getting all excited!!

that sounds like a good price for the ovulation strips and pregnancy test :)

i've been reading the temp advice on fertilityfriend.com a LOT so many diff things can affect the reading's, but their chart is excellent for helping to see where the temperature might have been off for some reason. i'm really glad i've been temping as i know there hasnt' been a sustained rise, so haven't ovulated yet....so i'll keep on poas for now!

are you on fertility friend? x

only just read your post properly about your 2 x lines on the opk in the bin - ha ha! have to make it clear to my dh what he's looking at just in case he starts getting all excited!!

that sounds like a good price for the ovulation strips and pregnancy test :)

i've been reading the temp advice on fertilityfriend.com a LOT so many diff things can affect the reading's, but their chart is excellent for helping to see where the temperature might have been off for some reason. i'm really glad i've been temping as i know there hasnt' been a sustained rise, so haven't ovulated yet....so i'll keep on poas for now!

are you on fertility friend? x

I am, I just logged on for the first time in almost 2 months the other day. I hadn't gotten on since I got pregnant and found out the first week in March so I had some updating to do. I took my ovulation test and a pregnancy test when they came in today and I got a half decent opk and I think a faint line on the pregnancy test so I called my doctor to ask and I am waiting on a call back (i know i'm not pregnant I just want everything to get back to normal so I can start) I would be cycle day 26 from my d&c so things just seem to be acting weird.

Attachments

• P5080437.JPG
    P5080437.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 5
  • P5080431.jpg
    P5080431.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 5
Hope you get your call back soon, fx'd in getting the all clear to start your cd count :) x

They look very similar to mine - almost there but maybe not quite. Mine have become lighter again so either I missed it or it's still to come. FX'd for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->