2nd degree perenial tear - 1st birth

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
Will my previous tear cause any problems with my next birth ? P

I had a 3rd degree tear with ds. Ive been offered a c-section this time if I want it. With my tear ive been told the chance of it happening again are not that much different to my chance the first time, but if I did have such a severe tear again the chance of long term problems are more likely. From my understanding a 2nd degree is not such a worry but if you tore with your first they may decide to cut you with your second to help prevent it happening again as a cut heals better than I tear. But im no expert, if your worried id talk to your midwife and see what she says.

ooowwww I hope not , I don't like the sound of that - I will def speak to the mw - they would numb me first tho right ?

Hiya. I had a 3rd degree tear with my daughter. I'm 20 weeks pregnant now. My midwife asked me how I felt about the birth and if I thought about delivery. The outcome of this is closer to the time I will get checked and if baby is measuring big/bigger than daughter I will have a section....which will be likely. She did say that it wasn't common for it to happen again but if I chose vaginal birth then they will keep a close eye and any problems then the will section me. The reason for tearing was she got stuck and heart rate dipping so they rushed me to theatre and needed to get her out so was emergency forcep birth.
Hospital and midwife are not pushing one way or another.

A friend of mine had a HORRIBLE tear with her first (like mega scary tear). Anyway, her second she had vaginal birth and massive baby and tear was only 2nd degree (he he he ... only :wacko:). I had 2nd degree with DS but not overly worried about it... each pregnancy and delivery is different!

I tore with my first... it was bad. EXTREMELY painful, extreme swelling down there for weeks, trouble using the bathroom number 1 or 2... it was awful. Anyhow, I had 2 more babies vaginally after my first and I did so much better those times... and one of them was over 9 pounds! I think everything will be just fine.

I got a cut and a tear last time and i'm petrified of tearing again! it took 8 months for my woman bits to feel normal again during sex I don't want to go through it all again :( (secretly i am hoping I will need a c-section next time find out in November if i do though)

I got a cut and a tear last time and i'm petrified of tearing again! it took 8 months for my woman bits to feel normal again during sex I don't want to go through it all again :( (secretly i am hoping I will need a c-section next time find out in November if i do though)

Same here! Would you have the c section because of it or is there another reason you would be having it ?

Same here! Would you have the c section because of it or is there another reason you would be having it ?

It's more just fear for me since it took 8 months for me to feel normal down there I'm scarred if I tear again that would just be me damaged for good and I really like my lady bits for sex! I keep trying to research ways to decrease chances of tearing as if I give birth naturally again I want to try 100% to avoid any damage in that area.

Had a third degree perenial tear with my first after a forceps and shoulder dystocia. I have thought really long and hard about what to do this time and have talked it over with an obstetric doctor. They informed me that the chances of a repeat tear are only 3 - 9%. However due to the risk of another shoulder dystocia I am thinking i will take the section i am being offered. So very tempted to give it another go though as there seems to be many ways that i didnt know about to avoid a tear....hmmmm a little undecided! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->