2nd labour and BRICKING it lol...

Milliemoo x

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I'm 36 weeks with my second LO and I'm starting to feel ridiculously scared of labour. I'm waking in the night panicking and feel a little like I'm losing control of it. My first labour was 3 days and scary at the end and I can't face being in pain for that length of time again, it was too long to handle.

Basically don't know whether to mention it to the midwife or not, am I just being a wuss?! Aaaaghhhh so annoying coa I dont want to feel this scared, felt tough going into my first labour and this time im a bag of nerves.... X

I think you should mention it to your midwife. She may be able to give you some tips on relaxation techniques to use during childbirth and review your birth plan and pain relief options. My last birth experience wasn't great so I am not looking forward to going through it again either!

I totally understand you worries hun. I too am scared sh*tless! I had a planned section with my first so have no experience of labour whatsoever :(

I keep watching One Born Every Minute and scaring myself even more!

Im sure it will all be fine for both of us though, but it might be worth mentioning it to your midwfife. Im sure she can ease your worries x

I felt exactly the same way. First labour was horrible, ending in forceps and episiotomy. Second time around was a breeze in comparison! Still hurt like a bitch but was much much faster and it kind of felt like my body knew what to do. Had a lovely pool birth with gas and air for pain relief.
Have a chat with your mw for some reassurance, but try and think positive. Good luck xx

I was the exact same as you, my first labour was awful, long and painful.

With my last pregnancy I ended up been induced because of reduced movement and after three days of the induction process nothing was happening, apart from a load of contractions that did nothing, no dilation or anything!

That frightened me a whole lot more and I discharged myself from the induction process and went home, I met with a consultant the next day as I was a total mess due to my fears of labour and we came to the decision that I would have a planned c - section.

If I was you, I'd certainly talk through your concerns with your midwife.

I would definitely bring it up with your midwife. She might be able to help you work through it. Labor is so much easier with a positive attitude. If you can figure out some supports and coping strategies before you go into labor, you'll be much better off.

Thanks ladies! I've downloaded some positive thought/hypnobirthing apps and I'm gonna get my head in the right place (plus stop listening to horror stories haha)

Can do this!! :thumbup:

Xxx

You can totally do it - you'll be fine!

Can highly recommend Natal Hypnotherapy, Effective Birth Preparation CD (available on itunes too). I listened to this almost every night towards the end and it really helped keep me calm and relaxed about the whole thing. The book is great too although I guess you haven't got much time left for reading lol!! Just remember that childbirth is an instinctive thing, you body is MADE and DESIGNED to do this and will do without you even having to make any conscious effort, so the idea is to switch off your conscious mind as much as possible and let your body take over. Might all sound a bit hippy but these visualisations really helped me.

Second time is MUCH easier. I was an anxious wreck in my first labour, screaming in agony and begging for all the drugs going (lol!!), I totally lost the plot and was terrified the whole time.

On Friday I had my second baby (home birth) and the experince couldn't have been more different. No shouting or screaming, remained completely calm and in control the entire time. The midwives even commented afterwards that it was almost impossible to tell how labour was progressing as I kept it together so well and didn't show anything on the outside.

Positive thinking!!!! You'll be fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->