2nd MC, 1st D&C yesterday, negative blood group, miserable!!

BroodyBecks

Mummy to Arabella
Reaction score
Hi All,

Had my 1st MC July last year at 6 weeks.......got my 2nd BFP this Feb and we were overjoyed.......went for my 12 week scan last thursday and found out that i had had a MMC (baby died at 7 weeks). We are devistated!!
We also found out that I am A negative blood group, which means I should of had an Anti D shot after my 1st MC to prevent future MC's (this wasnt given)
We are gutted!!
We now need to wait 3 months before trying again but I feel like giving up at the moment, im so hurt!
We have been let down massively by the NHS for not spotting my negative blood group sooner.
sorry for the depressing post, just feeling lost.....also want to make more people aware of the risks of negative blood groups............I wish I was made aware sooner.

xxx

Awwww that is so sad to hear. I think every woman should be given STANDARD blood tests and a FULL work up after a first MC. It could prevent so many people from such heartache. I dont know how it works across the pond but here in Ontario we can demand screening from our doc's. Problem being is that you have to DEMAND it!

So sorry for your loss...I know how hard it must be.

<3 and wishes

Awwww that is so sad to hear. I think every woman should be given STANDARD blood tests and a FULL work up after a first MC. It could prevent so many people from such heartache. I dont know how it works across the pond but here in Ontario we can demand screening from our doc's. Problem being is that you have to DEMAND it!

So sorry for your loss...I know how hard it must be.

<3 and wishes

You can't do that here unless you have had 3 miscarriages - gotta love the NHS hey? I got mine done because my 2nd loss was a 2nd trimester miscarriage but other than that they wouldn't have tested me either.

OP - I am so sorry for your losses. It's not fair to have to go through it twice. I lost at 5 weeks and then fell pg before my next period only to find out at my 13 week scan that my little girl had died the day before.

Its just heartbreaking and even more so if in your case it was preventable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->