2nd scan at 7weeks 6 days

LiEfti

Reaction score
So I had my 2nd scan today, measured baby heart rate and length, all were good. 153 bpm and 1,48 cm. Next scan is not another 4 weeks. During my appointment today, my Doc told me that I need to keep my weight in check, because between the 1st scan and now (3 weeks apart), I have gained 1,2 kilo. Pre-pregnancy weight was 56 kg (123,4 pounds) height 170cm (5'7") and today I am 57.2kg. I haven't been eating differently, and I kept my exercise routine as per pre-pregnancy, but I must admit, (TMI ALERT!!!!)
my bowel movement has not been as consistent as before, only once every 2-3 days and used to be daily or even a few times a day, but I drank plenty of water and eating tonnes of vegies.
Will this pass due to increase in certain hormone production or should I be concern?
Thank you in advance for any infos.

I think constipation is common. I have it too xx

Congrats on the successful scan!

I would not worry too much about a 1.2kg weight difference, figuring in potential water weight and bloating...

Unfortunately, constipation during pregnancy is all too common...staying hydrated and eating veggies is great but if it's not effective for you, here's what baby center suggests (sorry for the long copy/paste):

-Eat high-fiber foods such as whole-grain cereals and breads, brown rice, beans, and fresh fruits and vegetables every day. Adding a couple of tablespoons of unprocessed wheat bran (available at health food stores) to your cereal in the morning and following it with a glass of water can help, though it may take a few days before you notice a difference.
-Drink plenty of water – at least six to eight glasses a day. A glass of fruit juice every day, especially prune juice, can also be helpful. Some people find that drinking a warm liquid right after waking up helps get things moving.
-Exercise regularly. Walking, swimming, riding a stationary bike, and yoga can all help ease constipation and leave you feeling more fit and healthy.
Your bowels are most likely to be active after meals, so make time to use the bathroom after you eat. Listen to your body. Never put off going to the bathroom when you feel the urge.
-If your prenatal multivitamin contains a large dose of iron (and you're not anemic), ask your healthcare provider about switching to a supplement with less iron.
-If the measures above don't help, talk to your caregiver about taking an over-the-counter fiber supplement or stool softener.

Good luck!

Thank you for input Ladies. I tried vegies and plenty of water and high fiber content food, I am now prescribed with physillium husk powder thingy that apparently will help me go? Has anyone tried this before?

I've read that if your constipated wheat bran will just continue to bulk you up. Try ornage juice first thing before eating. That may help. I think broccoli helps too. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->