2nd Scan shows "Chorionic Bump"

mybabyluv3

Reaction score
So my scan today left me still feeling unsure. I have a nice healthy bean measuring 6wks+6 today. Right on schedule with a strong heartbeat:happydance: but............sac has a small chorionic bump. NP called me tonight with the news. Or lack of. She didn't even know what it was and had to look it up. By what she read and what I see, they say it means a 50% chance of miscarriage. I have been spotting for a week so that really doesn't make me feel good. Waiting now for her to discuss this with the med dir before we know what to do from here. Possibly multiple scans to keep track of this growth.:cry: Not a happy day for me.

So sorry dear that you have to go through this. Prayers for you and your bean x

so sorry to hear this... 50% chance everything will be just fine, Im routing for the better side of this statistic xx

The odds are actually more so in your favor. I have an SCH since 6w and I was placed on bedrest and weekly scans and bloodwork. My doctors office sees this all the time and once the see a heartbeat your chance of miscarriage is 5% and less. These numbers can be frightening but a lot of things seem worse than they are but the doctors act negative more so to protect themselves at least I think. Mine was horrendously negative and I flat out told him I'm staying positive and he can be as negative as he wants.

You have chorionic hemorrhage or bump? Or are they the same? Glad to see somebody who had heard of this. Sad that you have to go through this though. I still haven't heard back from my Dr on how they want to proceed. And if they are gonna stick with the frequent scans. Keep me posted on how these turn out for you. 8 wks, you're moving along!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->