Mummy to my Jellies
Reaction score
So.....I have very severe SPD - I just wanted to know:

1) how badly this effects the labour?

2) How did you give birth?

3) What pain relief did you use?

4) Was the SPD painful?

5) Was it worse after?

6) How long did it take you to recover after?

Thanks soooooo much :hugs:

1) how badly this effects the labour?

Everyone is different, key is to have someone a nurse, doc or midwife that knows how to handle you. It didn't effect my labours as the midwife was informed well in advance, when we called to say I was coming in and it was written in my birth plan for instance. So she knew not to have me in certain positions for birth like flat on my back or legs spread.

2) How did you give birth?

Fast! All three of my boys were born with the hospital bed in an upright position, with me leaning against the back of the bed on my chest on my knees so on my hunkers I guess with my back and bum facing out towards the midwife. When the head was born I managed to turn around onto my back second time to lift him up on me, but I stayed in the position for my third son and he was born on the bed and I just scooped him up.

3) What pain relief did you use?

Nothing- I mean nothing, no gas and air or tens, just had massage techniques from my OH and lots of wiggling the hips.

4) Was the SPD painful?

During the pregnancy or birth?
Pregnancy most definitely- excrutiating pain, walked with crutches, on all fours and had the support belt, tried all techniques to help it- only thing that offered relief was birthing the baby.
Birth- getting onto the bed was a little sore but compared to what else was going on it was nothing!

5) Was it worse after?
No- it disappears for me as soon as the weight of the baby is gone. I've had some friends that had it for a couple of weeks afterwards until things get back into place.

6) How long did it take you to recover after?

Fully from SPD after a few hours, weeks with my first due to tears and stitches, days after my second and a few hours after my 3rd- made Christmas dinner for a lot of people the next day being Christmas Day which next to no pain.

Allie :hugs: That is amaaaazing thank you sooo much for your response!! I am like you were atm I cant walk or anything I cant wait to give birth so i can have some relief.....the hospital have been informed and I have written it in my birth plan too!!

Thank you for your reply :hugs:

so i gave birth normally lying down on back. I had an epidural so you need to be careful as you cant feel anything so you need to watch out for extending your legs too far. The midwifes are brilliant though and keep an eye on it due to them knowing your history

Afterwards - well with the first 2 it went pretty much straight away which was great - this time round its actually sorer after giving birth than being pregnant which has totally surprised me. I am still going about on crutches and hoping it dissappears after a few weeks as it makes you totally miserable

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->