2WW paranoia

VioletsMommy

Reaction score
So, I can't be the only one with this problem. For some reason, every month after my fertile period (I am doing at home AI using a fresh specimen) I get nervous about EVERYTHING. So much that I have to literally make a list to ask about it all of it, :lol:.

-Normally, I take a hot bath. I once read that taking a bath hot enough to raise your BBT is bad for conception. So during the 2WW, I always deny myself the hot bath.

-In the winter I get cold a lot, I live in a half-basement apartment, so I sit in my bed with a heating pad on low a lot, usually on my back or abdomen, it helps with cramping too. But during the 2WW I'm afraid it will make my uterus too hot or something so I frequently just shiver, lol.

-I know that spermies swim, and I lie with my hips elevated for 30 min after AI, but even after that I'm afraid to go to the bathroom or walk around too much for several hours because I'm afraid everything's going to 'fall out'. And, TMI, but stuff does, the first time I use the bathroom after. The internet says this is normal and the little guys are already on their way, but it makes me so nervous.

-I'm afraid I'm not drinking enough water. Does anyone know how big of an effect hydration has on fertility?

-I'm afraid to do anything strenuous because I'm scared it will mess something up. Is that a thing? Or am I just paranoid?

Like, there are things that I know I'd do differently if I got a BFP, but I don't know how big a deal they are during the 2WW or if there are 2WW specific things to avoid, if any of these things are real or if they're unfounded. And then if I get a BFN I get kinda mad because I avoided all this stuff for two weeks and I feel like it was for no reason.

What do/don't you do during the 2WW? What's worth worrying about and what's not?

So, I can't be the only one with this problem. For some reason, every month after my fertile period (I am doing at home AI using a fresh specimen) I get nervous about EVERYTHING. So much that I have to literally make a list to ask about it all of it, :lol:.

-Normally, I take a hot bath. I once read that taking a bath hot enough to raise your BBT is bad for conception. So during the 2WW, I always deny myself the hot bath.

-In the winter I get cold a lot, I live in a half-basement apartment, so I sit in my bed with a heating pad on low a lot, usually on my back or abdomen, it helps with cramping too. But during the 2WW I'm afraid it will make my uterus too hot or something so I frequently just shiver, lol.

-I know that spermies swim, and I lie with my hips elevated for 30 min after AI, but even after that I'm afraid to go to the bathroom or walk around too much for several hours because I'm afraid everything's going to 'fall out'. And, TMI, but stuff does, the first time I use the bathroom after. The internet says this is normal and the little guys are already on their way, but it makes me so nervous.

-I'm afraid I'm not drinking enough water. Does anyone know how big of an effect hydration has on fertility?

-I'm afraid to do anything strenuous because I'm scared it will mess something up. Is that a thing? Or am I just paranoid?

Like, there are things that I know I'd do differently if I got a BFP, but I don't know how big a deal they are during the 2WW or if there are 2WW specific things to avoid, if any of these things are real or if they're unfounded. And then if I get a BFN I get kinda mad because I avoided all this stuff for two weeks and I feel like it was for no reason.

What do/don't you do during the 2WW? What's worth worrying about and what's not?

Oh Violets, I am the same way!!

- elevate legs after BD-ing (usually 5-10 mins)
- won't shower at least 24 hours afterwards
- before BDing, I'd tell hubby to drink a cup of black coffee
- during the 2ww, I don't drink coffee or alcohol

Sometimes I think we try too hard. Being too careful won't help us get pregnant faster (at least that's what I've been trying to tell myself so that I can stop pressuring myself to have the perfect BD sessions).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->