3 day old, bad night

Reaction score
Hi all

This is #2 baby and whilst she seems really chilled, I am getting very upset about the fact I can’t put her down at night. I want to, if right next to me, because of sids, but Every time I do she wakes up, gets upset, feeds endlessly...
And the One time I got her down last night she promptly pooped...

She sleeps fine on my chest but is that safe? I’m not sure it is atm as I am So tired, especially post csection.

Cosleeping I am very pro, but where is your child physically? I want to put her on a flat surface but she’s totally not ok with it.

i place the baby next to me in bed and feed while led on my side then when the baby is asleep i move away slightly
i remove all pillows and have a blanket for me and blanket for the baby also my dh sleeps downstairs as i find this easer i have mostly had a good nights sleep did this for my last 6 babies x

I wonder if the trick will be her growing slightly, currently she’s too small to handle feeding like that.
Thanks for replying!

Firstly congratulations hon x

My little one is now 10 Months. I was really wary of co sleeping initially due to sids but in the end I did same as becsboo after a while, u need to do what u feel comfortable with yourself. I still tried to put him in crib as much as poss but it did help me get some sleep when he was with me and he slept better also. He goes in his cot fine now and drops off to sleep alone after a feed and a bit drowsy which definitely helps as I’ve got other children. He still gets in for a cuddle part of the night at Times so has best of both. You will find your way soon, u must still be so tired and uncomfortable from the delivery .. hugs x

My son was like this for the first week or two, then became more and more content with being put down. I sat up at night reclined with him on my chest and would fall asleep like that sometimes, although it was not a very deep sleep because I was nervous about him suffocating in my giant engorged boobs. I know it's not recommended and can be dangerous, but sometimes exhaustion takes over and you will fall asleep no matter how hard you try not to! I always kept trying to put him down, and often could at about 2 or 3 am once he was in a super deep sleep. My son wouldn't tolerate being put down during the day for the first three months, but at night he was ok with it after about 2 weeks. Hopefully the same happens for you. Hang in there, it will get better! Oh, and neither of my babies were able/willing to feed side lying at that age. My daughter became a pro at it after about 4 months old, my son still doesn't really like to and only will if he is really hungry.

Yes! Last night she slept on my chest and then once she was Super asleep I could put her down! It was great! Hoping this will work again tonight...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->