3 failed cycles - advice on what to do next?

Pinkie3

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, I am looking for some advice from others who have had multiple failed cycles and what you done next to get your BFP's.

A little background... we have been TTC for more than 4 years. I have a high FSH (my AMH hasn't been tested but I can imagine its not good). DH has slight MFI but nothing too concerning. I think I am the main problem.

I have just had a chemical on my 3rd ICSI cycle (it was the first time I've ever seen a positive pregnancy test). Due to my high FSH I don't produce many eggs but the ones I have been getting have fertilized. This was our worst cycle yet, I struggled to get my follicles to grow, I stimmed on the highest dose of 450 menopur for 14 days and still only managed to get one mature egg. Amazingly it did divide into a top grade embryo and we had 3dt. We also worked on implantation this time, I had the endo scratch, embryo glue, clexane injections and taking steroids for my immune system. None of this made any difference. My gut is telling me my eggs are not enough, although they divide well I believe there are some genetic abnormalities which is why they are incompetent to implant. Unfortunately I never get enough embryos to do the testing, I've had to transfer whatever we've had.

So, my questions are, have I missed anything? Are there any UK clinics you highly recommend for multiple failed cycle? Is there any hope for my eggs or do I cut my losses? I am very open to using an egg donor and have already starting researching the Greece clinics. Any advice going abroad for DE?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

:flower:

Hi pinkie I know how frustrating and heartbreaking this all is.

Have you considered donor eggs? What protocol have you done? Honestly with your high fsh it's going to be a real struggle to produce eggs. Data also shows fewer eggs retrieved are associated with a higher percentage of not making it to transfer and failed cycles. Once your fsh gets to a certain point the ovaries no longer respond to exogenous fsh products because your body is already producing a lot to try and make your ovaries function.its unlikely you would see better results with more cycles.
It sounds like you've given it your all. Since you did get a bfp this cycle that is promising. I would talk to your re about a different protocol maybe (unless you've tried an alternate already) and if there is anything else.

If you aren't ready for donor eggs (and I can understand why) then maybe do one more cycle with your eggs and put everything and anything into it. And if it doesn't work then you know you'll have to move on. Donor eggs have a high success rate I hear.

It sounds like your situation is a little different than mine but I can tell you what worked for me. After 3 losses I was told my only hope would be IFV with PGS.

I tried one more IUI, with progesterone (this combo gets me a bfp but ends in MMC) and this time I added aspirin. This is what worked for me and I am 31 weeks now.

TTC, thank you for sharing your story and your advice. Congratulations on your pregnancy. Looks like you don't have much longer to go. Good Luck.

Mobaby, thank you for your honest advice. I have been doing a lot of reading and what you are saying is right. We've tired different protocols. The first was the long, 5 eggs collected and fertilized, two made it to early blasts on day 5. Second, we done the 'flare' protocol so no down regging, 7 collected, only 3 mature and 1 made it to day 3. Then this cycle was the long protocol again with everything else thrown in. My RE says he sees live births with our grades which makes me think they must have abnormalities. But as I said, I never get enough to do the testing. If I am honest I think I've lost faith and hope in my own eggs.

Yes we have considered egg donor, its something I have spent a lot of time looking into and I am now feeling this might be our best chance. I just wanted to see if anyone had tried something different or could advice me on something I might have missed before I make the final decision. Looks like egg donor here I come.

:flower:

Hi, we have had 4 cycles now at two different clinics. The first two were bfn's and then we changed to Care fertility. If you have one nearby I would highly recommend them - maybe just a consultation to see what they could advise. Have you always stimmed on menopur?
I don't have much knowledge of high fsh if I'm honest, I just wanted to say perhaps get a different view from a different clinic before you decide.
When we moved we were put on a different protocol with different drugs. Our first cycle was a bfp which ended in mc, then our second was a bfp and gave us our son. I believe if I hadn't moved we'd still be trying.
Best of luck whichever way you choose to go xx

Thanks for sharing your experience Mrs Major. Yes I've always stimulate with menopur. I am considering getting a second opinion before going down the egg donor route but wanted to do my own research too so I know it covered everything.

I am pleased to hear you got there in the end after all your cycles. It's amazing where we find the strength from sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->