3 hours of my life I'll never get back!

irish_cob

Reaction score
Antenatal appointment at the hospital. Appointment time 10.20am. Didn't actually get seen until 12 noon. How is that service? What happens to the poor people who have 3pm or 4pm appointments? Do they get stuck there all night waiting? Am now in work and I'm not having a good day and I want to go home :growlmad:

Oh don't say that, I have a 3pm appointment today! I agree it is rubbish.

I had my 20w scan this week. they decided to do it at 18+6 which I thought was weird but oh well, they must surely know what theyre doing.

Me and DH both took the day off work (I dont get paid for days off). Nurse looked at me and told me it was too early, 5 min scan, yep too early.

I raised the issue of why book me in in the first place and they said well people want to see their babies as early as possible, which is true, but then they harp on about how its a serious medical procedure. The NHS doesnt do scans just because women want them.

PFT! What a waste of time.

When I went for my 20w scan I waited for about 2.5 hours before being seen and went to the desk 3 times to find out when I would be seen. Each time I was told I was next and in the end I was the last person in the room. It turned out that someone had picked up my form to take me through and had then put it down so it ended up getting lost so if I hadn't asked another member of staff they would have all gone home!

Blimey! That is terrible service :(

When we lived in Oxfordshire, we were seen really quickly and they gave us about 10 scan photos for nothing! Then we moved here, it took ages to be seen and it cost £5/photo or £10 for 3. Postcode lottery??

We were told before our 12 week scan that it would be £5 per photo, but we were given 2 and weren't charged. Also, we arrived early and were seen early!! Much better than my experience in London with Ruby.

I've had two positive scans so far probably because I was feeling pessimistic!
I have had to wait ages also....they do seem to get behind so if I have an afternoon appt I know it's going to be a wait.
At my 12 wk scan I had a 1pm appt and thought I would have to wait. It turns out the whole unit goes for lunch and returns at 1pm so I was actually first that afternoon. And had to wait 15 minutes, presumably while they finished their lunch?!
I had LO with me and was expecting them to say something but they were ok about it.
Recently had my 20 week scan and waited 15 mins again so not too bad. I had LO and my 11 yr old DD with me and the sonographer asked if I had anybody else with me. Told them I didn't but I had told DD she could come in but might have to leave with LO and wait in the waiting room as sometimes they like to speak to me in private. I thought I should forewarn her in case there was a problem.
The sonographer was great. DD is nosy and talkative so asked lots of Q's and they were all answered very well.
Most impressed.
It is definitely pot luck though.....and the £4 photo charge is a bit steep I think. It was £2 last year....that's a 100% inflation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->