3 month old eating

kajastarlight

Number 3 on the way!
Reaction score
Every day I figure out how much Annalise drank while I am at work (including travel time I am gone around 9.5 hours) so I know my "pumping goal." Usually she eats around 10-12oz a day and usually I pump 12-13 oz between the times I pump at work and my midnight pump. Today we figured it out and 18oz were used! Thank God I managed a 14oz freezer stash!! So that was 12oz I left from the day before and 6oz out of the stash. Could she really have gone from 10-12 oz to 18?!?! Like, is that even possible?? How can I possibly boost to that level???!!!!

This is my daily struggle, except I have no freezer stash! DD at nearly 5 months typically eats 10-12 oz while she's with the sitter, but I can only pump 10 oz at work on a good day. Typically I fall between 8 and 10 oz and last Friday was the first time I managed 11! Of course on Monday with the sitter (when she would have had the 11 oz) she had 14 oz of milk! I believe she's had up to 16 oz while with the sitter before. Crazy!

I assume someone watches DD at your house? I'm trying to imagine what I'll need to do if I ever manage to increase my production to match DD's demands. Will I just have to send several extra ounces just in case she eats more that day? Oh, how I envy women with an oversupply sometimes... they probably don't enjoy it from what I've read, but I would take an oversupply any day over this struggle to squeeze out as much as I can.

Yes, my mom watched her at my house. When my DS2 was nursing then went to an in home daycare and I left a freezer stash there, but I had an oversupply that time and usually pumped way more than he needed. I wish I had that problem this time too! I know many Mama's struggle with it and are miserable, so I don't mean to minimize their situation, but I know what you mean by wishing for it sometimes. *sigh* I feel so defeated right now. But it's not like combo feeding is the end of the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->