3 month old - length of feeds?

jessicatunnel

Reaction score
How long should their feeds be by about 3.5 months?
DS' are REALLY short. I'm talking 5-7 minutes. His longest feeds are in the morning and before bedtime and even those are only about 15 minutes long. During the day and throughout the night, they're only about 5 minutes.
Is that about normal?

There's no right or wrong as long as LO is happy and healthy.

At that age, my LO would probably only spend 10 mins max per feed although she'd feed to sleep at nap time and bed time. Sounds like your LO is normal as long as he's healthy.

Sounds about right. My lo feeds for about 5 mins and on one breast and is full on that. I keep puttin her back on a few times to make sure she is. Also burp her aswell if i think shes swallowed alot of air during the feed. Happens if im really full.
It all depends on ur lo and how quick they are at removing milk from the breast. Some like to take their time others are quick and straight to the point lol

My LO is the same, it's reassuring to read your post as I have always been surprised how quickly she feeds.

Length isn't what matters. If your baby is growing and peeing plenty, then your baby is getting plenty of milk. Judge the input by the output, not by the length of nursing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->