3 month old not smiling yet...was 5 wks early

akblaze

Mommy to Snug, Cub, Storm & Pregnant with #4!
Reaction score
Well I couldn't decide whether I should post this in baby club or the preemie section so I'm trying here first.. My beautiful baby girl was born 5 weeks early. She was in the NICU for 15 days and has mild reflux and still has a heart murmur. other than this she has been perfectly healthy!!!!! However, I can't help but worry that she doesn't smile yet... :( I have always had ppl tell me that she will just smile and giggle as soon as she hears/sees me and she doesn't. DH has gotten her to smile but for the most part when she does smile (which is rare) it seems to be gas/poop/pee... She doesn't have a check up for another month but I just can't stop wondering why she isn't smiling or giggling yet. She does coo and look around but rarely makes eye contact with us either... and she still sleeps A LOT! Has anyone's LO been like this? I'm sure I'm just worrying for nothing but the Pediatrician never told me that she might be late in developing some things... well thanks in advance!! :flower:

I wouldn't worry at all! My daughter didn't smile until she was 3 months old, that was like the happiest day of my life!! :hugs:

Alex didnt smile til about 13weeks corrected (so this was 6months!)

Thanks ladies!! I try so hard not to stress or worry but I am just dying for the day I see her grinning away!!! It must be the best feeling!!! :) she also doesn't care about any of her toys yet but I'm sure it'll come with time! It's just the waiting that is hard!!:flower:

I'm sure she'll smile soon. My eldest was only 3 1/2 weeks early and smiled at 10 weeks actual age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->