3 months old constipation

aquaflora2

Reaction score
Hello,

I used to have very little breastmilk and I had to formula feed my DD for a while and she gets constipated for the longest time. currently, I'm doing a bit better, so i'm doing 70-80% BF and 20-30% FF. she got better, but this past week she's doing bad again. I thought she went through a growth spurt and not sure if that changed her bowl habit again. oh man, i thought increasing my breast milk supply and decrease formula would make her more regular but she's still constipated. wth???????? I'm so stressed out, working to boost my supply and pumping like mad is already alot of work and stressful...

anybody here experience the same thing? Doc told me to use prune juice and i did, its working very slowly......

thanks ladies.

How old is LO? Is she struggling to go or just not going?

It is very common for BF babies not to poo for days and days - Erin sometimes will only go once a fortnight!

It is very common for BF babies not to poo for days and days - Erin sometimes will only go once a fortnight!

Yah, today is Rachael's forth day too!!! I have such a headache dealing with this.. its been so long. We've seen Pediatrician about this, she's gona have to start solids (mainly the veggies) in the forth month. I've been working so hard to keep the milk supply up as much as possible just so that she can get away from formula, and she's still constipated. My heart is aching..... i'm so tired doing all of this and wanna give up.

Oh she's 3 months old and she's show no signs of wanting to go. She just keep farting like machine guns...... usually that's a sign that she's gona poo soon but I've waited two days already and she still fire her shots after feeding, but no signs of poopoo.

Is her belly hard or is she in discomfort?

EBF babies often don't poo very often. DK would only go once a week. But if she's having formula, she probably should poo a little more often. But if it is primarly BF, she might not go as often as you think.

My LO hasn't pooped for 2 days and keeps on popping! My HV said it's very rare for breastfed babies to be constipated. Is your LO in any pain?
As CeriB says, they can go ages without pooing.

You're doing great with the pumping!

Hope it works out xx

Your HV is right. Breastmilk is a natural laxative. My 22 month old DS still has mushy-soft poos because he gets BF once per day. BF babies don't poo because breastmilk is used so efficiently and absorbed so well, there is no "waste" that goes through to come out the other end.

But if the baby is getting any formula at all, that changes things up a bit. FF babies DO poo and are often constipated.

She's not in any discomfort, nor is her belly hard. She seems okay and still gets hungry..... I don't know, I can't wait for her to start solids thoughit and start to do more activity like walkign or crawling....... that might help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->