3 week old bfing - is this normal?

MrsPMP

Mumma to 1 and Pregnant!
Reaction score
I bf last time but I just don't remember this!
My 3 week old guy just feeds and feeds all day...from like 8am-5pm non stop..he hardly sleeps and its been like this for about 2 weeks now. I can't get anything done!! I have to put him down sometimes but he will just cry.
I'm beginning to feel he's never satisfied or something but he's putting on weight well and can sleep 2-3hours at night in one go....help! is this normal?

Sounds normal to me! My lo did the same thing except it was from 5pm-1am lol

Ditto to the above poster!

Does he seem satisfied and are your nipples ok? Maybe if your latch needs a bit of tweaking he might feed more efficiently?

He is establishing ur milk supply. it will pass and remember their tummies are sooo tiny at 3 weeks that they need little feeds, but often :)

Ditto to the above poster!

Does he seem satisfied and are your nipples ok? Maybe if your latch needs a bit of tweaking he might feed more efficiently?

He SOMETIMES seems satisfied, like the milk drunk kind...enough to sleep for a long while...sometimes just for 10minutes nap before he wants more! and nips are ok!

For ME that wasn't normal. Sophie would feed for 30 minutes and then sleep for 1-3 hours.

I also didn't have permanent feeders apart from obvious growth spurt times but from the sounds of the others it's quite normal :)

Definitely normal! She might be having a growth spurt or you might have one of those babies like I do who just needs to eat very frequently!

I hope it settles down! my house is a tip and my 2 year old is bored! lol

I had pretty much this only DD slept for hours then fed for hours! I remember the nipple pain after a three hour feed! :wacko: It calmed down though! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->