3 year old and 4month old sharings

Melissa93

Reaction score
Me and my partner have a 2 year old little girl we really want another but have to wait a couple months so not due in jan when my daughters birthday is, basically our plan is to stay in the house we are in atm which Is a small 2 bed with kitchen/diner, lounge one double bedroom and smaller room, what I was thinkin is to have the baby in our room in moses basket to start with then once bit older and sleeping better me and my partner will go in the small room, we can fit our bed, wardrobes for clothes and drawers with tv on in there so not like we need loads of space then put the kids in the big room together, the house is housing association so its cheaper rent so this way we can get a better deposit ready for when we buy a 3 bed, just wondering if anyone has children those sort of ages sharing and what was it like, thanks
(Sorry for long post) xxx

I think four months is very young to be sharing with the age gap so large, especially with the LO's routine and stuff. Our LO is nearly three and shares our room which works out fine. Perhaps you could keep your youngest with you until they're about 18 months and then make the swap?

Heck no I couldn't put the boys together yet at 3 and 4 months, DS2 wakes frequently still so it wouldn't be fair for our eldest. We've got a 3 bed but I would like them to share when they're older if they would like for a bit at least, but it'll be when DS2 is sleeping through. Im sure some people might be able to do it by now, but it's not really something you can guarantee.

I would say no too, I wouldn't like my 1 year old and 3 year old to share, DS still sometimes wakes in the night and if they were sharing he would wake DD up too and ruin her sleep which would equal tired and grumpy children lol! There will probs be people that do it, but for me its a no no xx

I agree with pp, I'd keep the baby with you until they are more of toddler age. 4 months is quite young to be away from you and there's no guarantee that he/she will be sleeping through the night at that age.

I plan on having our children share a room once baby is 6 months as long as he/she is STTN. DD will be 4.
There is just no room for a crib in our room.

I think it depends on how they are at night. If one doesn't sleep through the night or if they just generally disturb eachother then I don't think it's fair.

Our 2 share a room, we put them together when youngest was I think between 6-9 months old. It works really well & I'd recommend :thumbup:

We have a small 2 bed so ours will have to share.
I am waiting until Tom is a little older and sleeps through the night before I move him in with Chloe which I imagine will be around 1 year old.

I wouldn't put them together at 4 months as he was (and still is) waking multiple times a night and I wouldn't want Chloe's sleep disturbed. We all share when we stay at my parents house and poor Chloe never gets a good night.

Our room is tiny and so we bought a smaller sized cot from Ikea which will do until we move him. The they will go into a small bunk bed.

x

No - we plan on having baby in our room until they are 1ish and then they will share. If baby still isnt sleeping through then it will stay with us, I cant risk having older one woken up haha

Long story, but we all share a room. Me and hubby in our bed, Harrison in a toddler bed and Finley in cot. Our bathroom is ensuite so we are in and out of the bedroom all evening. Both boys sleep in there together from 8/9ish til we join them later. Both sleep all night - no problems. X

ETA: when Finley was newborn and was waking frequently, we didn't find it to be a problem, Harrison never woke up. Maybe that's just him tho, he sleeps through anything. Lol.

There's only an 18 month age gap between mine so slightly different but I kept my youngest in my room with me until he slept through the night completely (which was around 8-9 months) then I put him in with his big sister. I'd do the same whatever age gap tbh, just so the eldest doesn't get disturbed or out of routine.

Dont think I worded my original post very well what I should have said was we are planning another baby we live in a small 2 bed house and by the time baby is here my daughter is 3 so has anyone been in this situation and how did you find it?we do eventually want to buy a 3 bed house but for now it makes sense to stay here keep living costs down and get a better deposit for a house plus my partner is in the army and hopefully will have gotten promotion in next couple years and better income xx

I've not been in the situation myself, and wouldn't put myself in it either. Baby would stay in our room until I felt they were old enough to share. Abigail will be 2 years old when we plan on moving her into Eleanors room for them to share (she'll be 4 and a half then). At the moment I know Eleanor would try and lift her sister out of bed if she woke up to try and comfort her or just to let her out to play. I can see plenty of bruises and problems if I were to move them in together now.

Wouldn't have done it any earlier either, as there's obviously the same problem of not knowing whether your 3 year old is trying to hold baby (believe me, they try and they're not very good when it comes to picking up the baby themselves) plus the disturbed nights.

It wouldn't stop me from having another baby, do go for it!! Just stay in the larger bedroom yourself and share a bit longer with your youngest, possibly until you take the side of the cot off and you have a toddler for your older girl to share with instead of a baby.

Thanks yeah I think untill we actually have another baby we can't really decide when they will share it will be more a case of see how things go and when we think they are both at the right stage to share with each other, dont want a massive gap between our children as id like them to be close together and if it means havin to not so much struggle but compromise for a bit to eventually give them the best future we can then I dont mind :) we will be able to save up and get deposit for the best house possible so its worth it :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->