3 year old made up words

Teri7489

Proud mummy
Reaction score
My daughter is driving me crazy! She's suddenly started talking to me in whole sentences of made up words (babbles/noises). If I ask her to repeat herself she can say the exact same thing again. Is this a normal thing at her age?

She thinks it's hilarious, I feels like I've had a stroke listening to her 😞

My daughter does this and says words wrong on purpose whilst laughing. I just ignore it and says unless you talk properly I don't know what you want!

haha how annoying for you - although a have to admit i am with your daughter this is rather funny (only because its not happening to me!) :haha:

I just have stroppy child with missing letter sounds so if i have to ask him repeat what he said more than once i get shouted at "You are not listening properly", "I am not going to tell you now", "STOP talking to me you are saying all the wrong words" I could go on :dohh:

Kids eh? My husband thinks it's hilarious and just plays along with her which isn't helping. I literally have no clue what she is saying but least she isn't frustrated wanting something. Cheeky chops!

LOL, yes my DD did that around 3 or 4 too. She always had a great vocabulary as well. She would say something and then I would be quite confused and then he would tell me the made up definition as if I should know it. And then she started to make up expressions...of course they were not at all expressions and were quite comical. She would say "sometimes people say that" I would laugh to myself as clearly she was the only one that would ever say that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->