• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

30+1 - cervical issues since 23 weeks

DSemcho

Reaction score
At 23+2 I went into the medical with back pain and a lot of lower front pain. Came to find my inner cervix was funneled and my closed cervix was only 2.5cm in length and I was put on an anti contraction med (nefin-something). Flash a week later(24+3) and I'm medivac'd from my husbands base in Turkey to Landstuhl Medical Center in Germany, re-evaluated and my cervical length had changed to 1.7cm. Because Landstuhl can't handle a birth before 28 weeks they send me off base where the hospital can handle a birth at 24 weeks. My cervical length stayed the same for 3 weeks then one day I had lower stomach contractions 2 min apart and it caused my cervix to shorten to 1cm and the sac went into my funnel. I was put on IV anti contraction meds for my last week at that hospital. 28+2 I'm transferred back and my cervix was measured at 2.2cm and they allowed me to go to lodging across the street and took me off all anti-contraction meds. Almost 2 weeks later at 29+5 I'm remeasured and discover it's only 0.86cm long and that there was blood behind the closed portion of my cervix - possibly at one point my placenta had started to detach but we don't know when. I'm now 30+1 and we are just waiting. The doc says that I've statistically made it further than he expected from my 24 week scan, but that he doesn't think I will go past 34 weeks.

Anyone else had something similar happen?

What should I expect if he is born in the next 2-3 weeks?

Perhaps ask the what to expect in the premmie section, I'm sure they will be able to help
Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->