• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

30 weeks and softer movements.

Mummy to be x

The 4 of us...♡
Reaction score
I'm in week 30 and since around 7am this morning I've not had much movement, but yesterday I noticed that although baby was moving, his movements seemed to be much softer, I usually get good old kicks that can make me jump but not had any of that since the day before yesterday.

Is a change in movement still a reason to call the midwife? Or is it just if I've had no movements at all?

Thanks ladies.

I've thought the same thing for a few weeks now, that his movements just aren't what they used to be. But I just figure he's running out if room, and he's also head down so maybe that has something to do with it?

I was told if movement decreases or is big change in pattern.

I never felt my baby how i expected until 33/34w. I think main reason being my placenta is at the back baby 9 times out of 10 was facing that way. Only recently started feeling kicks and foot poking me.

I went through this a couple of times when baby changed position, so he/she is still moving but it feels different.
Keep monitoring things over the course of the day and if you're concerned then give your mw a quick call for some advice xx

I'd call regardless. Babies movement is very important. If movements have lessened or changed, I even read on count the kicks facebook page that sudden massive increase in movement can also be a cause for concern.

Always better to be safe and ring for advice xx

Thank you ladies. I will call them now and update you all :)

30 weeks I noticed the movements had changed and that's the week I realised baby had turned (I always thought he was laying across or almost upright before this week). So you may find the movements may feel different if baby has started to turn, I never thought they were softer or reduced though. Just in a slightly newer position and place that I wasn't used to before!

Any reduced movement should be checked out.
So have a cold drink (maybe orange juice because of the sugar), a bite to eat, and if possible lay down on your left side for a bit and see if the movements get stronger. If it's still not different go get it monitored.

Hope baby starts kicking you lots and lots soon :) xxx

30 weeks I noticed the movements had changed and that's the week I realised baby had turned (I always thought he was laying across or almost upright before this week). So you may find the movements may feel different if baby has started to turn, I never thought they were softer or reduced though. Just in a slightly newer position and place that I wasn't used to before!

Any reduced movement should be checked out.
So have a cold drink (maybe orange juice because of the sugar), a bite to eat, and if possible lay down on your left side for a bit and see if the movements get stronger. If it's still not different go get it monitored.

Hope baby starts kicking you lots and lots soon :) xxx

Thank you. We had a scan at week 27 and baby was already head down. I've had some chocolate and cold water but not felt much at all.

I'm going to give them a call now and see what the midwife advises :) xx

Baby moved head down last weekend and I noticed a change in movements but mine actually got way stronger, even painful, at times.
Will be waiting to hear your update! Hopefully sweet baby boy is just taking it easy for the day :)

I read that as they get bigger they have less room to squirm about so instead of full on wiggles you'll just be getting nudged and kicked. Definitely call though if you are at all worried :flower:

Hello ladies!

Well as soon as I got off the phone to the midwife, baby went crazy in there :haha:

Little monkey hasn't stopped since and even OH has been having a feel of his kicks and punches!

:)

Good, glad he's woken up now. The little monkeys don't half cause us some worry! Xx

They get us so worried! My baby was pretty quiet yesterday. Today he's a right wiggler!

I know, I'm sure they tend to know when we get worried and anxious, there's nothing like a reassuring kick and a wriggle ;)

I know, I'm sure they tend to know when we get worried and anxious, there's nothing like a reassuring kick and a wriggle ;)

I know this will seem crazy but a few times my LO has been quiet and I've got worried and I will give my belly a little nudge and say "come on, wake up and give me some nice big kicks" and she does! Obviously coincidence but it's like she knows I'm worried.
Anyway, glad you are ok and less anxious now. It's crazy how much we worry about them before they're even here!

I know this will seem crazy but a few times my LO has been quiet and I've got worried and I will give my belly a little nudge and say "come on, wake up and give me some nice big kicks" and she does! Obviously coincidence but it's like she knows I'm worried.
Anyway, glad you are ok and less anxious now. It's crazy how much we worry about them before they're even here!

Yes that is very true. The worrying only just begins now :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->