30 weeks - baby is 4 pounds 13 ounces!

Livebythesea

Reaction score
The ultrasound tech said I'm going to have a big baby because at 30 weeks he's 4 pounds 13 ounces. Does this mean they will push my due date up? Jeez I hope so!

Anyone else in this situation? At least I know a little bit more about why I am so big!

I also have a giant baby according to the midwife but scans are very often wrong about weight. You're body will cope and you can birth this baby! This is what I keep telling myself!!

My baby seems to be measuring big too!! They had moved up my due date one week very early on.. At 28 weeks baby was already 3lbs 10oz.. My first!!

My baby is measuring small...I'm at 35+3 & only today he's up to 4lb 14! But they're not that accurate so your LO could be bigger or smaller! You'll be fine though...I know many people who's baby's have been bigger or smaller than they say from the scans.

I am also measuring big. At my second growth scan at 32.5 weeks she is estimated at 6lbs. 1 oz. I'm a little afraid, lol.

Please don't worry, these scans are notorious for being wrong and can be out by up to+/- 2 lbs.
My sister had a scan 5 days before her son was born and was told 6lbs and he arrived 8lbs 13

I was told at full term I'd be lucky if she made 6lbs. She was born 7lbs10. I've heard loads of stories where they've been way off

I don't think they generally change your due date after your 12 week/ dating scan (in the uk anyway), that is large for 30 weeks but they I know on my last growth scan it did say it can be up to 25% off either way, which is a huge amount!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->