30w and BH/Preterm Labor... what can I expect moving forward?

Mommy2missR

Reaction score
Does any one have prior experience with PTL/VERY early intense BH? I am 30w today and woke up this AM with some intense period type cramps. I did the recommended lay on your left side and drink water thing, but after 3 hours they hadn't reduced or gone away, so I called my OB. She suggested I head in to triage as the office is closed on Sundays. I went in triage at the maternity hospital and they confirmed that I was having contractions, but they were irregular and I wasn't noticeably dilated (1/2-1cm but this is second baby) so they send me home and told me to come back if they become regular, my water breaks or I start bleeding heavy. I don't have experience with this from my first pregnancy 7 years ago, so I am not sure what to expect moving forward. Is this an indication that my big-little man could come early? Should I expect these to continue for the next 10 weeks or so? TYIA!

No advice but am curious as to answers others will give. I'm at 36+6 and my bh have been getting more intense. I got put on bed rest last week due to contractions so I'm hoping it's a sign LO will be here sooner than later.

I wouldn't be as worried if I was further along, but 30w is a BIT early to me. IDK what my doctor will say about it :-/

I've been having horrible bh since around 30 weeks, they're just now getting really intense and waking me up through the night. Do you have another doctors appointment soon? I would take it easy until they decide if your running a risk of LO showing early.

With both of my ds I had preterm contractions. For my first I had to stop working and be on bed rest because they were coming to regular. But with this one which is my second pregnancy I had them when I was 28 weeks. I went to triage as well and was told to take it easy. Since then I've been trying to take it easy and relax when I can and not do as much.

I sorry. I can't believe they sent you home and told you to come back if water breaks! I had ptl with ds#1 and it was stopped by meds at about 34-35 weeks I was kept in for three days to be monitored but I'm in US and this was nearly 12 years ago.
contractions weren't regular but they were consistent. I don't remember about dilation. And I don't know how long the contractions would last but I do know if you feel "off" or have the contractions again go in!! Don't wait til its too late to stop them, especially if you are less than 37 weeks!! I can't believe they are taking it so lightly!! Best of luck.

This happened to me when I was 28 wks , they were on the monitor kind of regular 8-11 min as I was monitored for 4 hrs..... They never got stronger while I was there so they let me go..... Each wk I dilated about .5cm , ended up at a 4 the day before I went into labor! All from intense BH for wks on end.... Labor was a breeze that time around! .... Just time them, u will know if it's real or not :) GL!!! Hope ur baby bean stays in a bit longer!!

I had this from 36 weeks onward with DD but I didn't end up having her until 40+4. Sometimes you just get an irritable uterus and it means nothing. It's a good sign that you aren't dilated and that your cervix isn't shorter, since that means that your contractions are most likely just harmless braxton hicks. I hope your baby stays put longer -- I think it will all be okay!

I really really wouldn't worry about it. If your contractions were bad enough. They would have given you medicine to stop them. Which means, they aren't doing much to your cervix. I think I've had them since around 24-26 weeks. I am now about to be 38 weeks, and he is still in there. Some women contract more than others. If you're having contractions 5-6 mins apart and they are taking your breath away, and not stopping when laying. Then I would get checked again. Otherwise, don't stress it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->