32, trying for #1 and new to forums in general!

mrsdsh

Reaction score
Hello all!
On month 8 of ttc; everyone around me is either a new mom, pregnant, or wants nothing to do with babies! So I thought I'd try a forum to find someone in similar situation.

Hello and welcome! This is my first time involved in a forum too. I can definitely relate to how you feel. Since we've been ttc most of our friends have gotten pregnant and had their babies! And yes we all have friends who are anti-baby. I'm in the second week of my tww and hoping that this will be my month to get a bfp!!

Hey Ladies, may I join in as well...I am 31 and TTC #1

L4Hope - Fingers crossed for you..!!! Hope you get a BFP this month...!!!

welcome! I am 31 and ttc too. Lets be buddies:)

Hi Liz and Lallie! I thought this thread fizzled out. Maybe it's going to come back to life! I am going to be 31 in a couple weeks. You can see my details in my signature. This is my first round of IVF. It's scary and exciting! How about you ladies? How long have you been ttc? What treatment are you doing?

Hi! I am not doing any kind of treatment. I just started TTC. This is my first 2ww and it has been LONG! I am 11dpo and took a preg. test and neg. I did the opk last month and we bd pretty much the whole week and then the 2 days that my opk was positive. I think I am out this month though. I didn't have any kind of symptoms and my test was bfn. how about you??

I'm 32 and ttc # 1 for over 2 years ...Just finished serophene 100 mg round 1 but no O yet.

Hey girls,
Not on any treatment here either.... Came off Cerazette May 5th and am today on CD2 (2nd proper period since stopping the pill). So I just went through a 2WW...it was hideous! I was heightening every single twinge or feeling I had to try and convince myself it was a symptom. Main problem I have with that is that my bbs swell to at least double their size for around 2 weeks before every period (one of the reasons i had to go on the mini pill to begin with) so definitely can't rely on them to give me a hint as to whether a BFP is coming my way!

Yesterday was a really horrid day for me. I was so incredibly disappointed and down because I came on - pathetic I know as we haven't been TTC nearly long enough for me to be upset. DH struggles with the pressure of having decided to TTC and it's important to him to go with the not trying not preventing feel of things- me, not so much! Worked out ovulation date based on calendar not opk (that would really freak him out if he knew that we were doing it specifically around a date...I have to be more subtle than that!) but even though we were very busy around the right time, no luck. So here we go with a new cycle....

How long were you ttc before you started the ivf L4hope? How are you feeling?

Liz are you enjoying the 2ww?!! How many days til you are due? I am always hopeful that the test may have been taken just that bit too soon :winkwink:

How are you doing redder? Sorry, am not very clued up on treatments...what is round 1 of serophene?

Thanks for all the replies, my time zone is somewhat out of sync with you all (am British living in Dubai, UAE) but it's really nice to wake up to! :flower:

Hey girls,
Not on any treatment here either.... Came off Cerazette May 5th and am today on CD2 (2nd proper period since stopping the pill). So I just went through a 2WW...it was hideous! I was heightening every single twinge or feeling I had to try and convince myself it was a symptom. Main problem I have with that is that my bbs swell to at least double their size for around 2 weeks before every period (one of the reasons i had to go on the mini pill to begin with) so definitely can't rely on them to give me a hint as to whether a BFP is coming my way!

Yesterday was a really horrid day for me. I was so incredibly disappointed and down because I came on - pathetic I know as we haven't been TTC nearly long enough for me to be upset. DH struggles with the pressure of having decided to TTC and it's important to him to go with the not trying not preventing feel of things- me, not so much! Worked out ovulation date based on calendar not opk (that would really freak him out if he knew that we were doing it specifically around a date...I have to be more subtle than that!) but even though we were very busy around the right time, no luck. So here we go with a new cycle....

How long were you ttc before you started the ivf L4hope? How are you feeling?

Liz are you enjoying the 2ww?!! How many days til you are due? I am always hopeful that the test may have been taken just that bit too soon :winkwink:

How are you doing redder? Sorry, am not very clued up on treatments...what is round 1 of serophene?

Thanks for all the replies, my time zone is somewhat out of sync with you all (am British living in Dubai, UAE) but it's really nice to wake up to! :flower:
Good morning! I too have only been trying a short time. If I go get af, which is due Saturday, then that will be my 2 cycle since the pill. I did get a period and I did ovulate the period after the pill. I use the opk and this past time we bd mon through wed skipped thursday and the opk was positive fri and sat and we bd once friday and 2 times sat. I feel totally normal. I had some cramps sun but i think that is because i ate cream cheese:) This 2ww I was VERY impatient. I took a test at 4 days, 7 days and 11 days. They were all neg. I am hoping that if I don't get a bfp that i get my period sat. because that would mean I am right on track.
did your nipples hurt when you came off the pill? that is the only side effect of the pill for me. I do not know why they hurt. interesting! So when are you do for af? mine, Saturday!!

Hey Liz,
so we really are on a similar time frame... today is day 3 of my af (had to google and found a link to a page explaining all these abbreviations for me!). I agree with you completely, though I was so disappointed to get af, I was really pleased when it came exactly when I thought. Still crossing fingers for you though, it could still be a bfp for you!

EVERYTHING about my boobs hurt since coming off the pill! They are truly massive and heavy and hard and horrid! Also have had a lot of twinges on both sides low down. Was concerned for a while about an eptopic but got bfn so I guess it's just my body trying to sort itself out.

Have you got yourself all prepared medically? I really need to get to a dentist so am going to do that next week but it suddenly occurred to me that it has been well over 10 years since my last tetanus booster shot and I haven't had any other vaccinations in that time either. Is it something that I should have done before getting pregnant?

Have a great day :dust:

Hey Liz,
so we really are on a similar time frame... today is day 3 of my af (had to google and found a link to a page explaining all these abbreviations for me!). I agree with you completely, though I was so disappointed to get af, I was really pleased when it came exactly when I thought. Still crossing fingers for you though, it could still be a bfp for you!

EVERYTHING about my boobs hurt since coming off the pill! They are truly massive and heavy and hard and horrid! Also have had a lot of twinges on both sides low down. Was concerned for a while about an eptopic but got bfn so I guess it's just my body trying to sort itself out.

Have you got yourself all prepared medically? I really need to get to a dentist so am going to do that next week but it suddenly occurred to me that it has been well over 10 years since my last tetanus booster shot and I haven't had any other vaccinations in that time either. Is it something that I should have done before getting pregnant?

Have a great day :dust:
Hi Lallie! Yes, medically I am ready. I go to the dr. a lot because of my cancer and luckily my husband is a physician, so he keeps his eyes on me:) I am just hoping I get af tomorrow. If I do then that is one more clean on time cycle after the pill. My dr. said I am good to go even if I was on the pill. I just read about a lot of women that it takes so long to get pregnant and I hope that doesn't happen to me. Some times it makes me nervous, but I am keeping my stress low and trying not to worry about much. Are you drinking or taking caffeine? That's my only worry. Will that effect conceiving? Also, do you workout? I run 5 miles everyday but Sunday. My husband doesn't think it's a good idea to run when trying to get pregnant. I have some many friends, including my sister that ran till 7 months. What workout do you do? About the vaccines, I think you should get a tetanus shot that's about it. I never ever do the flu shot or anything like that. Also, do the dentist now too. Have you been taking your folic acid and prenatal? If not, start that too. :dust: Elizabeth

Hi again Elizabeth,
That's great that you have a hubby to look out for you medically! So sorry to read about your cancer- you sound wonderfully positive though so I hope it is well under control for you.
Yep have been on pregnacare etc since I came off bcp in May but am definitely still on the caffeine and also still drinking alcohol. Honestly quite worried about how I will cope when I do get a BFP- I am such a typical Brit and drink tea almost non stop! Some of my friends with kids have told me not to stop the alcohol until the bfp as it will be at least a year before you get to have any again if bfing!! Am definitely reducing it though, just in case!
I am a ballet teacher and used to be a professional ballet dancer so my job involves a fair bit of movement! I also do power yoga (very advanced/ intense class) and circuit training but neither of those will be any good when pregnant and the hard bit will be explaining why I stop going during 1st trimester. I would love to run but have had a fair few knee operations because of the dancing and they don't let me even jog unfortunately. Was thinking of taking up Zumba as thats something I think I could continue through a pregnancy and as it's dance related it's my kind of thing :happydance: I also know people that continued to run long into their pregnancies but perhaps your hubby is right about running whilst ttc, maybe every other day instead of every day?

Have just seen the time so better dash to make dinner, take care!x

Hi again Elizabeth,
That's great that you have a hubby to look out for you medically! So sorry to read about your cancer- you sound wonderfully positive though so I hope it is well under control for you.
Yep have been on pregnacare etc since I came off bcp in May but am definitely still on the caffeine and also still drinking alcohol. Honestly quite worried about how I will cope when I do get a BFP- I am such a typical Brit and drink tea almost non stop! Some of my friends with kids have told me not to stop the alcohol until the bfp as it will be at least a year before you get to have any again if bfing!! Am definitely reducing it though, just in case!
I am a ballet teacher and used to be a professional ballet dancer so my job involves a fair bit of movement! I also do power yoga (very advanced/ intense class) and circuit training but neither of those will be any good when pregnant and the hard bit will be explaining why I stop going during 1st trimester. I would love to run but have had a fair few knee operations because of the dancing and they don't let me even jog unfortunately. Was thinking of taking up Zumba as thats something I think I could continue through a pregnancy and as it's dance related it's my kind of thing :happydance: I also know people that continued to run long into their pregnancies but perhaps your hubby is right about running whilst ttc, maybe every other day instead of every day?

Have just seen the time so better dash to make dinner, take care!x
Hey! I love Zumba. I do Zumba mon. and wed. It's a great workout! My husband said maybe during the O I shouldn't run. I think he thinks the little :spermy: might swim the wrong way:) Talk to you soon!!! Oh, no af yet!!!

Hey Elizabeth,
Saw that you had posted about your af.... maybe next month will be lucky for us!
You sound super-fit, how do you find the time?! Am off to my first ballet class in a year tomorrow, (I normally teach at the time classes run so can only go in the holidays) am really excited and hope it will be a good distraction to stop me obsessing about bfp's, af's and bd!

Have a great weekend!
L :happydance:

Hey Elizabeth,
Saw that you had posted about your af.... maybe next month will be lucky for us!
You sound super-fit, how do you find the time?! Am off to my first ballet class in a year tomorrow, (I normally teach at the time classes run so can only go in the holidays) am really excited and hope it will be a good distraction to stop me obsessing about bfp's, af's and bd!

Have a great weekend!
L :happydance:

that's funny! that is all that i think about too! our poor husbands:) I am super fit but i am a size 8 and never get smaller! That comes with the thyroid cancer. I am happy though and that's all that matters:) I hope next month is it! I am trying the babyseed or whatever that stuff is called. I never noticed the egg white cm so I hope the lube helps. did you notice your cm??

I hear you! Am always desperate to shift just 3 kilos but they won't budge. Am torn between really going for it so that I am in a good place before starting a pregnancy or whether that is a stupid idea!

I think I am good at noticing the changes in cm..am definitely going to pay close attention to it this month and bd every other day from about CD 9 just in case! What is preseed? Is that perhaps something only available in the states?

I hear you! Am always desperate to shift just 3 kilos but they won't budge. Am torn between really going for it so that I am in a good place before starting a pregnancy or whether that is a stupid idea!

I think I am good at noticing the changes in cm..am definitely going to pay close attention to it this month and bd every other day from about CD 9 just in case! What is preseed? Is that perhaps something only available in the states?

It's a type of lube that helps sperm swim kind of like your cm during ovulation. I am going to try it. I bought it at walgreens. You are in Dubai? ? Can you order from USA or Canada? I heard of a lot of success stories of women that used it. Btw, my husband is from the middle east and I so want to visit Dubai so bad:) It's beautiful there I heard.
Anyways, I am going to DB every day started next Monday which is Cd 10 till Sunday. You too? We bd that same last month but I really think that it was too soon to conceive after the pill. I hope it works for us both:) Also, do not try to lost weight now. I think that big change especially with someone that's not over weight, or weight loss is necessary, that it will not be the best thing for conceiving. Have a good day!! Elizabeth

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->