32 weeks preterm labor

rosegarden620

Reaction score
Well this is interesting....

Today, while at work, I started getting shooting pains in my cervix. Now, I know what you all are thinking- lightning crotch. Well, I had been getting lightning crotch for sometime and am well aware of the sensation: it's quick, painful and directly related to a movement my LO does! But THIS was different. These shooting pains were quick stabby pains that doubled me over (like lightning crotch) except they didn't go away. I would double over stand up and the pain would return. Especially when I walked. That in addition to some increased Braxton hicks in quantity and quality alarmed my boss (not even me- go figure 😑)- so I called the OB to appease her and they brought me in.

Before I got there the discomfort was the same the intensity of the Braxton hicks were the same and the pressure and shooting pains were intermittent. Upon internal exam my practitioner found me to be 3-4cm dilated and 60% effaced....

Uh what?

I was sent to the hospital for further monitoring and I was found to be contracting every 10-15 minutes. The contractions were intense. Not painful per se.... But definitely intense, being tears to my eyes on one occasion. I jus felt it in my whole body.

They checked me again and the ob at the hospital put me at 1-2cm (uh ok?)

I know that internal inspection is specific to how I'm laying, finger size and baby position so I wasn't to phased by the different results the obs gave me. One thing was clear, I had dilated and effaced.

So I was given the first steroid shot for babies lungs (2nd one tomorrow) and muscle relaxers to try and ease the uterus. Boy....did they give me muscle relaxers...I just am startin to come too now!

I'm home and have been woken up from my drugged sleep with two contractions that were pretty intense but other than that I haven't felt anymore (spoke to soon.... Feeling one now). No blood or fluid leaking. Baby is doing great and just orders to return for another check tomorrow (and the second shot) tomorrow and another appt on Monday.

Return earlier if the contractions start again in rythm.

Baby shower is on Sunday... Go figure!! Hoping for a easy weekend.

Anyway. Just an obvious reminder that contractions don't have to be painful and get checked out regardless...

P.s those steroid shot hurt like hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->