32 weeks

welshie13

Reaction score
hi everyone im 32 weeks on sunday and i seem to be leaking, not sure if its wee or not but it does smell just a bit worried as have seen some people have had there waters just leak and not a big gush, also im having dull back aches/period pains any advice would be helpful first time mummy :)

ring mw andcheck ...............on call or labour and delivery whateve set up is

also lie down for a while and see if more comes out when you get up (i googled this once)

its always better to ask

they might check you over and have a lookto see..............speculum and a flaslight very odd but thatshat they do

best wishes..................

Def call mw or the ward tonight, its just never worth leaving things. they will advise you on what to do. I would put a st on and you can always show them if they want you in.

Hi hun,
i dont have any personal experience but have read on here about it before. The below is talking about amniotic fluid and premature leaking:

It may leak slowly, or it may gush out. Some of the fluid is lost when the membranes breaks. The membrane may continue to leak.
Sometimes when fluid leaks out slowly, women mistake it for urine. If you notice fluid leaking, use a pad to absorb some of it. Look at it and smell it. Amniotic fluid usually has no color and does not smell like urine (it has a much sweeter smell).

If you think it definitely isn't wee, you need to go to get checked ASAP. Can you call your midwife unit at the hospital you are booked in to? get some advice from them.

Got this from another site
Identify it
Amniotic fluid (your "water") should be clear, but it also can be yellow, pink-tinged, brown or green. And, unlike urine, leakage doesn't happen only sporadically; if your membranes are ruptured, you usually continue to leak fluid. If you're unsure whether it's amniotic fluid or urine, put on a pad and lie down for about 30 minutes. If you feel a small gush when you stand, it could be amniotic fluid.
Normal or not? No. Until she goes into labor, a woman should never leak amniotic fluid

:hugs:

Definitely get it checked out. My waters broke last Friday morning at 32 weeks and I thought it was incontinence but 5 hours later I gave birth!

Chances are it is probably nothing but I would definitely get it checked out.

H xx

oh wow helen!! is everything ok with baba? thanks for the advice everyone midwife has just said to keep an eye hopefully it was nothing im more concerned about my back pains haha seems to be one thing after another at the moment! hoping baba stays in a bit longer yet got a holiday in 6 weeks!!

My waters started leaking last time at 33+2, started out as a trickle when I went pee, two days later my water broke on a cervical exam when I told my ob about it. I ended up having a preterm baby at 35 weeks.

I'd get checked out just to be safe! Good luck!

Oh, and the amniotic fluid that I leaked did have a strong odor

Glad it doesn't look too serious for you. The little man is fine but still in an incubator and will be for a little while.

Would have preferred him to stay inside for a little while longer so fingers crossed your little one is better behaved!!

H xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->